The Worst Review in the History of Everything

"intricate twists and turns of the Borderlands backstory"

Biggest sign of him not knowing a damn thing about the game. It's not intricate.

I jumped on it too. I hope this idiot gets fired. I wanted to stop reading after the first paragraph but I kept going just to give him the benefit of the doubt....I was so SO wrong.

I thought that him constantly comparing the game to Call of Duty and Halo was pretty stupid, but he's entitled to his opinion. It's not that terrible of a review, he articulates why he doesn't like parts of the game, and gives praise to the elements that he enjoyed. It seems to me like people are just getting mad that he is cutting into a very highly anticipated game.

He doesn't do it very well.... I don't think I'm alone when I say that he sounds like a CoD fanboy.

It also seems as though this was a re-write that someone else had a hand in. It's not very cohesive.

Of course I could be wrong. I just play Mass Effect and Minecraft what would I know about "rich multiplayer online" gaming.

Yeah, he definitely comes off as a CoD or Halo fanboy. I don't think it's that good of a review, but I have definitely read worse. At least there is no rating for the game in the review, so it's average score won't take a hit.

4:02 pm September 19, 2012
A. Najberg wrote:
Dear Community Members;
I know you’re angry at me for what I wrote previously on this article. I didn’t want to cause controversy on here at all. I just wanted to write a simple review about Borderlands. That being said, I do not take back what I said about Borderlands 2. I know you are all upset with me but Borderlands was NOT a good game and it definitely did not compare to Call of Duty or Halo in multiple ways, as I stated above. Call of Duty and Halo are going to contain much more rich multi-player abilities than Borderlands 2. Also, I believe the graphics on Call of Duty and Halo are much more detailed and accurate than in Borderlands 2. I was basically just writing my opinion on how I dislike Borderlands 2. It wasn’t supposed to be against a community member or anything at all. Please stop writing on my YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Also, please stop calling my work. Nobody deserves this much harassment because of his belief on a simple video game that wasn’t up to standards. I appreciate the time you took to read this comment.

Thank you,

Adam Najberg

Wow I don't even know what to say about that one. The more he makes ignorant comparisons, the deeper his grave gets. I guess every game with a gun in it needs to be like Call of Duty or Halo. Still, I think he was right on the nose with this bit:
Nobody deserves this much harassment because of his belief on a simple video game.
It's one guy's opinion (however silly it may be) on a video game. If you disagree, pay no mind to it, maybe criticize his review in the comments, and move on. People should not be harassing him online and at work to get him to change his opinion, that's just creepy and wrong.

The real issue is that he probably wrote this LOOKING for this kind of attention. The review reads like a straight-forward readership trolling. It's just begging to be torn to pieces, but that doesn't mean the author should be.

Sure, he's allowed to have a stupid, unintelligent opinion, but that doesn't mean that it's not stupid and unintelligent. And it also doesn't make the whole article any less unprofessional or poorly written. The fact that he's representing his whole company with something like that makes it a bit worse than some palooka saying his opinion. While he doesn't deserve this level of harassment for it, he should at least act somewhat professional.

He sure as fuck should act professional. He works for the fucking journal. The review is on nearly the same level as that Dead Space 2 review Nick edited. Here's what happened:

A week ago: guy receives the review copy over tons of other more worthy, more grateful video game websites.

A week ago -1 day: guy realizes he's never played the original game so he goes and rents it or something.

A week ago -2days: guy hates the first game because it sucks when you play it solo, feels completely unmotivated to play the new game he has to play for his paycheck.

A week ago -4days: guy looks at the game again and it's the weekend and he's like fuck this, I'm not spending Sunday on this.

The day the review is published: the guy hasn't played the game at all and tries to sound like he knows what he's talking about by comparing it to other games coming out soon.

I wanna see this guy's gamertag or PSN acct and see what's reflected in his achievements and trophies. Again though, it shouldn't turn into a matter of harassment. Nothing on the internet is worth that energy or time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod