The Simpsons 500th episode

WickedLiquid

Regular
Starting soooon. *insert "deal with it" gif here*

I would say haters GTFO but then I'd be worried nobody would reply to this thread. I haven't seen a new Simpsons in awhile but I'll watch this one, what the hell.

Don't think I've watched an episode since season 12. But I'm just spitballing; been ages since I've seen The Simpsons, despite liking it.

Hmmm i did remember watching a recent one on Tv and liking it... i jsut don't remember anything special about it... unlike the old ones

Still i'll give that one a try

This season has had some good episodes, still not as great as when they were in their hey-hey day. /Krusty reference

I thought the Christmas episode that takes place in the future was funny. But with the rest of this season, I remembered watching the other episodes but forgot what they're about.

My DVR cut off so I missed act 3. Laughed out loud a few times though. Loved monkey Smithers.

=========================================================================================================================================================
Lethean, it is time. Time for you to relinquish all titles and admin rights back to GR.
You were the worst leader at the worst time, but your time is now over. You must give back everything that you have taken, a sacrifice unto the gods who've watched over us since our humble beginnings.
As you well know, this is part of the circle of life for those who take up the mantle of a GR admin*; you aren't the first and will not be the last. Moderators the likes of tno, Kaanch, maca2kx and so on, have all come and gone during our time. Now it is your time, and you too must go, forever.
This is the way it's always been, the die is cast. It is your time to leave us.
You may log in once every 7 months with a 2 thread maximum, 3 post maximum allocation, but nothing more as is tradition.

Lethean, my good man, you were the worst leader at the worst time. Wait, I've said that already, though it bears repeating. Don't bother Googling 'bears repeating', I'm correct in my spelling. We had expected, well, certainly not great things of you, no, but a modicum of competence, yes. You have not delivered. Under your reign of absolute horror and terror, our numbers have only dwindled. In a room of half a dozen or so, a dozen on a good day, you're the only one laughing at your jokes, and instead of a customary 'lol', you type 'lawl'. We're here to say No More. It's time. Into the volcano you go, you must pay the ultimate price.
As is tradition.

We won't forget you soon. Adios.

=========================================================================================================================================================
Any further action from this point on, including your acknowledgment or refusal of this thread or hide/deleting of this thread, shall be taken as a mark of compliance on your part.
flvg2x.png

Piano Tuners' Union, Local 412

*For the uninitiated, every so often, every 5 years or so, the members of the GR forums come together and decide which admin's to get thrown off the island.
Trust No One was thrown out by committee http://www.petitiononline.com/gr86tno/petition.html
Kaanchtoofan retired in disgrace after it had been learned he was abusing his powers and influence to foster a relationship with a real life ogre behind our backs.
maca2kx left when when Shane had stopped posting and his job was complete, the only moderator thus far to leave on a high note.
And Stal left after being stalked by Ugh. He legitimately feared for his life.

Yes the couch gag montage was awesome. I would've liked to see them all in full but that would've probably taken 45 minutes lol.

That's become my favortie part of the show nowadays, no matter how bad an episode is I can always count on a quirky couch gag. I can't believe they've thought up 500 different ways to run to a couch, lol.

What did it say right at the end? There was a message but it was damn fast I couldn't read it.

Let's be honest and recognize that some couch gags are not used on final cut and just replaced with an old one, or are 75% of another one. Still the couch gag is amazing, almost as amazing as the first five minutes that segues and never relates to the last twenty minutes.

I enjoyed it i did enjoy the episode, and I liked the couch gag through the ages it had a big nostalgia effect for me.

Seems like it was just the other day that they were celebrating the 400th.

Life long Simpsons fan, couldn't help but to tune in for this one. Decent episode. The couch bit was nice, after years of seeing them it was neat to see the tribute. I also liked how if you watched carefully you could see the changes in the animation, as well as when they acquired their new TV.

Surprised they never really had Homer replace his car. Seems like it would be pretty standard fodder for an episode. Lisa could lecture him about getting a hybrid, Bart could try to talk him into getting something bad ass.

I liked Dan Castellaneta doing the 'Tracy Ullman Homer' voice. Suicidal and abusive as fuck, season 1 Homer was no joke, man.

The Simpsons > Family Guy
Futurama > American Dad

Ummm, Life in Hell > The Cleveland Show

Sure, all Matt Groening has done is sit on his mountain of money for 18 years without contributing anything to The Simpsons. And yes, you will die before The Simpsons does. But we're a generation that refuses to accept we're old and are no longer cool and "with it."

All you teens may laugh, but just wait.
00000000000000mi.jpg

I enjoyed it. I've tuned out of The Simpsons for a good 5 years or so now, but the show's not bad. It was definitely my favorite show growing up, so for that it'll always have a place in my heart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod