The Giver book into movie

Psuedo

Rookie
Head somewher and watch the trailer so you can see how theyre going to butcher it. Looks like suck my dick games. Taylor swift, desert, motorcycles, spaceships wtf

I'll take your word for it, and avoid seeing anything about the movie for as long as I possibly can.

Talking about a book called The Giver that they're adapting into a movie. I dont know what grade they read the book in. Elementary or middle school. Not a hard book to read. Really short. Go read it, or watch the movie.........with taylor swift....and romance.....and action which is not what the book is about. Hollywood blows.

You think that's bad? They turned my favorite books into a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, I, Frankenstein, and... uh... Man of Steel.

Longo_2_guns said:
You think that's bad? They turned my favorite books into a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, I, Frankenstein, and... uh... Man of Steel.
Pirate of the Caribbean was a box office money success, your two favorite "Books" film were not... they sank pretty low. Heck even Shrek 3 made more money then man of steel. Let that sink in.

Anyway, I still don't get what The Giver is even about. Even after reading the wiki. Seems like a poor man'sGautama Buddha 'cept with more teenager drama and less existentialism. Also a X-Mas ending... really?

Exactly. The Last of Us is a movie. But it is an interactive story which is why video game movies are so terrible. You're taking a great story and removing all the interactivity in order to adapt it into a film.

People will say the book is better than the movie it is adapted into and that's true. A book uses your imagination and gives you a personal experience tailed to your mind's eye as opposed to a film showing you the detail from the director, cinematographer, etc. You grow a personal attachment to a book, as you would with a video game.

Even though I'm a huge film geek I feel your pain and know what it's like to see something you love adapted into crap.

If Hollywood adapts Silent Hill 2 into a film and does not use David Lynch I will weep.

Oh yeah I know about that. That movie was based off Silent Hill 3 which is a sequel to SH1. SH2 is its own thing, and has no connections to 1 and 3 except for its setting.

SH2 could be a reboot film (Silent Hill: Restless Dreams) that would wash away the bad taste of what you posted. Like Batman Begins making us all forget about Batman and Robin.

But if it did happen you know they would just fuck it up somehow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod