The condition o fthe boards.

Do you think, as a whole, the GR posting community has started to let the boards slide?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of GR poster's opinions are rabid, pig ignorant and stultifyingly ill informed. But alas, that's the essence of forum posting, you can just read what you want to. I think it's as good as ever.

malakian said:
The majority of GR poster's opinions are rabid, pig ignorant and stultifyingly ill informed. But alas, that's the essence of forum posting, you can just read what you want to. I think it's as good as ever.

lol thanks.

i believe bolt has let us down with this new design. it might look 'cleaner' and more slick, but i prefer old gr.

AND RANKS DAMN IT RANKS!!!

Ever since dUKE and Ben and all those other fellas sold our souls to Bolt, this site has been pure shit.

Nice to see you again, Colin.

abcwtf said:
Ever since dUKE and Ben and all those other fellas sold our souls to Bolt, this site has been pure ****.

Well, to be fair, I think you're being a bit harsh on the GRandmasters, they didn't sell out as such and besides everybody's got to make a living haven't they? I think the term "sold our souls to Bolt" is a bit extreme as well, since Bolt certainly hasn't effected us, the posters as such. In fact Bolt's influence on the site isn't all that strong if you ask me. All Bolt did was stick a couple of crappy pop ups here and there(which can be easily blocked) and insert their domain name into the URL. That hardly constitutes a crime if you ask me since the core of GR is the same as it's always been for the most part.

Anyways, I'll admit things have changed here, but it's got nothing to do with the new look of the boards, which I actually like I must confess. No it's just that a lot the posters who I came to know and love back in 2002/2003 have left the site and haven't returned.
New guys have come and filled their places, and many of them are great, but it just isn't the same to me I'm afraid.

So Gamepost will, to me at least , never be as great as it once was, but that doesn't mean I'm refering to the past as a "golden age" because no such thing exists. Basically, that's just my personal emotions ruling me. Things may have changed but overall the boards are pretty much the same as they've always been if you ask me.

Gee golly Hellfire, you sure fooled us! You must be so proud of yourself. Go tell your friends what a funny prank you pulled on GR!!!!

Colin, i am so glad to see you again man. I know you dislike me, but i respect you.

And i voted yes, the days are changing, and this place isn't what it used to be.

I think its only what you percieve it to be. I see this place as doing fine but I think it DID have a small decline after changing to these boards, though only because people couldn't handle the change and boycoted it all. Sad sad happenings.

Enigma said:
I think its only what you percieve it to be. I see this place as doing fine but I think it DID have a small decline after changing to these boards, though only because people couldn't handle the change and boycoted it all. Sad sad happenings.
Yeah, some left after the fall of the old boards.

GhostTrip said:
Whoa, is it just me and BlackStar who noticed?

Posted: 26 Nov 2005 14:43

I thought these boards suddenly got more emo...

But seriously, the boards are the same. We still have the same posters more or less(the tough guy, the unfunny guy everyone loves, the troll, the elitist, the pseudo-intellectual, the actual intellectual who should be posting somewhere else, the cute girl, the mean guy, etc), and we still have the same topics ("What obscure song are you listening to?," "Someone post a picture of themself and we can laugh at it until someone posts a new one!" and "I MISS DA OLD BAORDZ!!!!!!"). The only difference is what the inside jokes that the well established posters share among each other. Message boards, like most other things in life, change for the better or for worse. There is nothing anyone can do, so just get used to it.

I really don't think as a whole the community is starting to let the boards slide. It has and will always have its good times and bad times. With that being said I don't see as much effort posts as I used to, but it's still here and so is the GR community.

Btw I'm going to leave this topic open, even though WR asked for it to be closed a few months ago, the topic does have a valid point and discussion is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod