Team Forteress 2

Solaris10

Rookie
I have been looking at that game for some time now and I am intrigued.

I don't care about Half-Life but Portal and TF2 seems incredibly good. I wonder, what do you think of team forteress 2?

I've tried getting on the 360 version a few times, and it is very scarcely populated. May be more popular on PC.

I've been playing it on my pc quite a bit recently and the game is amazing. class balance is as close to perfect as I've ever seen in a game. plus I really like having achievements effect the actual gameplay(in unlocking new weapons).

I was addicted to this game for a year, I played it every day and lost a lot of my life to this game. It's damn good.

I was displeased with TF2, mostly cause I'm a huge fan of TFC. I liked the visual style and everything, but it just didn't have the same feel as the original. no grenades?!

in short, TFC > TF2 go play TFC

How do you not care about Half-Life? It's so incredibly awesome...

I'm also kind of surprised someone hasn't played Portal yet...The price of the Orange Box is worth it JUST for Portal IMO.

Because you actually have to have some skill to do well. Since there are classes, you have to work as a team.

It's hard to explain. You have to play it to understand.

The balance between classes is very good. Maps are easy to discuss and identify. Requires team work and communication.

As mentioned the xbox version is mostly made up of 200 people or something... it's a very small community there.

The pc version has more maps, better graphics, and more weapons.

Also it's not a conventional FPS. The only class that I can think of that has a sniper rifle + a gun that shoots bullets that actually go straight [uneffected by gravity etc] is the sniper. It's the only class thats mechanics resemble a typical FPS. The rest are all doing other things, using shot guns, using flame throwers, lobbing grenades, building sentries, back stabbing, shooting rockets, etc.

Each class has a powerful strength and if you know how to use it you will really kick ass. You should google tf2 classes and see what comes up and check some youtube videos.

I was wondering if I should pick up the Orange box for PS3 but if the players are all on PC, I will go that way.

I have COD4 since release and it lost it's appeal on me. I need something less serious and just more plain fun and I might give TF2 a go.

Right now, I am hooked on AOE 2.

Also, should I buy this game on steam?

Stay away from console versions of this awesome, awesome game. When i started out, i didnt really get into it, it seemed random and inconsistent (This comming from a cs veteran) It didnt really mix well with me.

After my initial impressions i didnt touch it for a month or so. I gave it another shot one lonely sunday afternoon, and i was completely hooked. It's a bit hard to explain, but its a breath of fresh air in the genre where everything is based on twitch.

allright, that's it, I am getting it this weekend. Gamerevolution wins!

I wanna start a spy. Looks interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod