Sucker Punch

WickedLiquid

Regular
I saw this in IMAX last night. All I have to say is i got way too stoned before watching this and I have no idea what the hell I saw, but I know it was awesome.

If you're looking for some good eye candy action where a bunch of girls kick ass I'd recommend it. I can't comment on the story, hell I went in expecting no story. But I think there was a good one in there because I was surprised at how big a mind-bender it was... Then again I think even Toy Story would've confused me... :?

I did notice there were ALOT of covers in this movie and a couple covers I felt raped the original songs.

Anyways, anyone else seen it and have a non-stoner review? :p

I'm thinking the bad reviews actually gives this a good publicity. I'll check it out next week.

Friend of mine saw it and said "the action is awesome and the special effects are amazing, basically visually amazing but virtually no plot and very weak characters". So it's a very attractive person who is lacking any sort of personality. But that's no surprise, haven't seen it but I always knew there wasn't really going to be a plot because whenever someone from the movie was asked about the plot they never really gave a straight answer. But hey not every movie needs a strong plot, occasionally it's refreshing to see good action movie and that's probably what you get with sucker punch, visually great action

Well, it's no 300 and it certainly is no Watchmen.

After reading the reviews I understand the story now and I can see why it's getting trashed, lol. Still, the visuals were impressive if you're looking for something stylish.

ill just get it on demand when it comes out.. and will watch with an open mind not trying to over analyze it making myself hate it.

That movie looks sooo generic. How many times has this type of movie come out now...damn it infuriates me lol :p....DUDE THAT MOVIE WAS SOO COOL LIKE THIS CHICK WAS KICKING SO MUCH ASS AND STUFF AND SHE WAS HOT AND YEAH BEST MOVIE EVER GONNA SEE IT AGAIN. Can't stand it when people love crappy movies and then more crappy ones come out, like the same shitty movie but with a different name and characters. Seems like everyone here doesnt really seem to fond of it, thank god. Sorry for the rant but that movie looked soo been there done that...examples: Kill Bill, Tomb Raider, Kick Ass, Wanted, Underworld, Aeon Flux ETC. SO SICK OF THESE STUPID MOVIES !! We get it...girls can be tough and cool too. Did they just figure this out?

pres50 said:
That movie looks sooo generic. How many times has this type of movie come out now...damn it infuriates me lol :p....DUDE THAT MOVIE WAS SOO COOL LIKE THIS CHICK WAS KICKING SO MUCH ASS AND STUFF AND SHE WAS HOT AND YEAH BEST MOVIE EVER GONNA SEE IT AGAIN. Can't stand it when people love crappy movies and then more crappy ones come out, like the same shitty movie but with a different name and characters. Seems like everyone here doesnt really seem to fond of it, thank god. Sorry for the rant but that movie looked soo been there done that...examples: Kill Bill, Tomb Raider, Kick Ass, Wanted, Underworld, Aeon Flux ETC. SO SICK OF THESE STUPID MOVIES !! We get it...girls can be tough and cool too. Did they just figure this out?

Your shtick is getting old already...

Yeah, that confused me more than the film did.

Did he just compare Kill Bill and Kick Ass to Aeon Flux? And is his point that female leads in movies suck? Is this some personal hatred against women? LOL

pres50 said:
Kill Bill, Tomb Raider, Kick Ass, Wanted, Underworld, Aeon Flux ETC.
Wait a minute.... Are you dissing Kick-Ass? Because you shouldn't. Wanted wasn't terrible (yeah I liked it, I thought it was cool awesome action) and we all have to admit tomb raider was not only our man wish come true but a excuse to see Angelina hop around in short shorts and occasionally spandex not that I'm saying it sucked but last time I saw those movies I was a kid so my opinion is dated

Bretimus_v2 said:
What about Far Cry?
Anything by Uwe Boll no thanks (I'm sure you suggesting that movie as one of the bad video game movies if you're not then........) . Has anyone seen a Uwe Boll movie before? I'd rather watch the talking horse from sex and the city than house of dead or postal.

It was an excuse to see school-girl's with samurai swords and guns fight robots, giants and nazi zombies in a videogame esque scenario. Which, really, if you know anything about the movie-- chances are that is what you were expecting.

The plot was bare and reduced to montages. The characters were pointless and it was only a mindfuck because it was in coherent.

But seriously-- the man has a knack for directing action. It looked great and was pretty well done.

If you want to see a crappy-campy movie, I'd highly recommended it,

pres50 said:

sooo you're suggesting they stop making action movies with girls as the main character because we now know they can be tough too?

the fact that you just lumped kick ass into the same category as sucker punch blew my mind.

i normally hate super hero women... they're just awkward and terrible. but occasionally it's done right and they;'re great.

long story short, you're a retard.

Will I watch this sober? No.

Will I watch this intoxicated by marijuana? Yes.

This reminds me of Tron: Legacy and Avatar

intoTheRain said:
pres50 said:

sooo you're suggesting they stop making action movies with girls as the main character because we now know they can be tough too?

the fact that you just lumped kick ass into the same category as sucker punch blew my mind.

i normally hate super hero women... they're just awkward and terrible. but occasionally it's done right and they;'re great.

long story short, you're a retard.

No your stupid...hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle