Stupid kids

Saw that this weekend.
Holy fuck are kids terrible these days. I don't know how it happened to be honest with you. I was hit a few times as a kid, but I don't really think it changed the way I behave.

Still, those kids need to be put through all the horrors of bullying. What's the point of making the sad old lady cry on the bus? Why the fuck would you do that? How does that make you feel any better about yourself?

Just... anger.

Haven't you guys read The Outsiders? Kids have been terrible forever.

Now we just see them be mean more. Because of the internet.

Longo_2_guns said:

Having worked as a camp counsellor, I've seen teasing pretty much this bad. But the difference is, this was an authority figure. Very few campers were rude to the counsellors. The ones that were rude to me I threatened and intimidated (I'm 6'3). Needless to say, I scared the shit out of them (however if I was caught I'd be fired in a second, but I wasn't, so I win).

It's the disrespecting authority that's shocking, not the teasing

Rakon said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Having worked as a camp counsellor, I've seen teasing pretty much this bad. But the difference is, this was an authority figure. Very few campers were rude to the counsellors. The ones that were rude to me I threatened and intimidated (I'm 6'3). Needless to say, I scared the s*** out of them (however if I was caught I'd be fired in a second, but I wasn't, so I win).

It's the disrespecting authority that's shocking, not the teasing
Exactly. You were able to scare the kids into behaving.

How scared are these kids of a 70 something year old woman? Obviously not enough.

She's supposed to be keeping order in there. That's her job. She's not very good at her job.

danielrbischoff said:
We adults need to strike back! Let's all head out and start mocking children.

It's kind of happened already. Those kids have begun to receive death threats while that poor old woman has had nearly half a million dollars raised in her name. Don't get me wrong, I think the whole situation was terrible, but maybe perhaps the pendulum has swung back a little too much in the opposite direction.

I kind of feel bad for kids nowadays. (not those kids in particular) They are all walking around with smart phones and have facebook and youtube accounts. They do something dumb or stupid and it's put up on the internet forever. As a parent now, I have to teach my kids about things like that when they get older. Stuff parents didn't have to worry about when I was a kid. I did a lot of dumb things and said a lot of dumb things at that age. It's the time a lot of kids perfect their cursing and mom jokes and learn shock value by trying to say the most vulgar things they can think of.

And like Longo said, kids have always been terrible. You take away structure, discipline and adult supervision and you get Lord of the Flies. What surprises me is that this still surprises people. Look at the culture of our society that kids are raised in today. Negative things always get the most attention (this video being a perfect example) so when they want attention they act negatively.

You can try to raise your kid right but when peer pressure and outside influence are at work you can only hope all those years of training don't fly out the window and that they make the right decision.

Most kids are terrible and now you can't call them out on their behavior. Everything is seen as abusive or wrong when in my opinion people, even kids, should be called out for their behavior. I'm not a parent but if I was I would discipline my kids but I wouldn't want my children to be bullies or top notch a**holes. I agree with Longo, kids have always been bad, we just see it more now because of youtube, internet, documentaries and etc. I used help at this kids church and most of the kids were nice but whenever whenever we had trouble makers there wasn't much we could do. Primarily because then their parents we yell at us even though we were trying to prevent hitler 2.0 from starting.

They put it up online because they're idiots. I had a video camera when I was 13 and if my friends and I were doing something dumb like riding our bikes off a high cliff I wouldn't film it. Because I knew my parents would kill me if they saw it. I would have to be a total retard to post it online.

You might say people are being too harsh on the kids but I say some kids just need to be scared straight or they'll never learn anything. Considering how spoiled kids are I don't think a week of no XBOX is going to cut it in terms of discipline. They wanted to publicly embarrass an old lady and now they are being publicly embarrassed. It's an important life lesson about Karma that they're learning and now I guarantee this will sink in better than just being grounded.

Wes said:
They put it up online because they're idiots. I had a video camera when I was 13 and if my friends and I were doing something dumb like riding our bikes off a high cliff I wouldn't film it. Because I knew my parents would kill me if they saw it. I would have to be a total retard to post it online.

You might say people are being too harsh on the kids but I say some kids just need to be scared straight or they'll never learn anything. Considering how spoiled kids are I don't think a week of no XBOX is going to cut it in terms of discipline. They wanted to publicly embarrass an old lady and now they are being publicly embarrassed. It's an important life lesson about Karma that they're learning and now I guarantee this will sink in better than just being grounded.

Word.

I've never been a fan of shenanigans being uploaded to youtube or FB. For example if I'm at a party or just a gathering of friends I don't like to be in pictures. Not every moment of my life needs to be documented and I'm pretty sure people wouldn't care about a picture of me and a friends smiling and possible holding a brew. Unfortunately now almost everybody posts pictures and videos of them doing various things without realizing that can and probably will come to bite them in the ass in the future

Well, not every kid is the same. Good Judgement isn't a trait you would find in many kids that age. I know that was the case for me.

The punishment issue is a whole other can of worms. What is appropriate? Should the parents beat their ass? Take away the X-Box like you said? Public Stockade and flogging?

Every kid is different. You spank one kid and he learns his lesson and doesn't do it again. Another one might just get more angry and behave worse after the fact.

I agree about the Karma thing but I don't know if death threats are a good way to get the point across.

They did something cruel and dumb, were shamed and embarrassed by it, and apologized for it. The lady got rich from the emotional pain and suffering she had to endure. So it worked out all the way around in the end.

Basically people are going "We're sorry that something sorta bad happened once, so let us throw money at you until you feel better!"

Meanwhile, more worthy causes barely make their goals. Like with the Brian Banks Story.

A little human compassion goes a long way. And when it does you can always count on someone else to complain about it :roll:

I have three kids and the mortgage on my house is completely underwater. When I was younger I was at various times called many cruel and vulgar things. A lot of bad things were also said about my mother, father, brother, sister and grandparents. I was also bullied at various points during my childhood and my parents disciplined me in ways that would be considered child abuse nowadays. Sadly, none of this was recorded and posted on youtube (because they didn't exist yet) but could you show a little human compassion and raise $400,000 dollars for me because my life hasn't been all flowers and sunshine?

It really sucks what happened to that lady but the response has been amazingly excessive. Well beyond what I would call a little human compassion. Oh, almost forgot in addition to the 400 grand there is the free trip for her and 9, yes 9, people to fly to Disneyland. Good thing everyone is showing restraint and showing only just a little compassion.

man, my parents didn't hit me and I didn't turn out like a little shit. Kids today aren't bad because of anything but terrible parenting. The byproduct of our me-first society where parents ignored their children and focused on their own lives and let them become little shits, and then blamed it on other sources because they can't handle the fact that they blow at being parents.

Also, single parents who work 3 jobs and don't have time to be a parent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle