Stories that warm your heart (Schadenfreude edition)

C_nate

Rookie
Drivers in Chicago have gotten wise to speed cameras, budget figures show, and now the city needs to come up with $50 million in revenue. Chicagoans are costing the city tens of millions of dollars -– through good behavior. Mayor Rahm Emanuel underestimated the intelligence of Chicago drivers, and the city paid for it big time. On a smooth, wide, well-travelled stretch of Irving Park Road, running between two cemeteries — no homes, no stores, no parking — the city of Chicago is trying to balance its budget. Each flash means a photo; each photo, a violation. Each violation: a hundred bucks, from red-light and speed cameras. CBS 2 has learned the speed cameras caught far fewer speeders than expected. According to the Mayor’s 2015 Budget Overview, there have been “lower than expected violation rates.â€

It blows my mind that they budget in infractions as a part of the revenue stream... scratch that as a "reliable" revenue source. Glad they got stiffed. My feel good quota has been fulfilled for the weekend, thanks C_nate

Nice work Chicago.

Know what the sad thing is, nate? I cant bloody think of any feel good stories :(

OUR WORLD SUCKS!

As someone who grew up in Illinois I can tell you Chicago is fucking the rest of the state.

I am glad I live in Missouri now on the other side of the river.

Excellent, now just keep shooting out/blowing up the cameras until they're costing too much money and you guys can get rid of them for good.

Speed cameras near schools are the governments way of endangering peoples children to make money. Looking at a speedo instead of the road is apparently a safe decision.

Sourdeez said:
As someone who grew up in Illinois I can tell you Chicago is fucking the rest of the state.

I am glad I live in Missouri now on the other side of the river.

That's because most people here view the state like this in their minds (kinda guilty of this myself to be completely honest)

ae80044f5aafb3fee30dd37c82819ba4.jpg

So I had to resurrect this thread for a simple and petty, yet totally gratifying reason.

I just read that the editor of a certain website that banned me last year for "trolling" (re: disagreeing with them) just got banned from reddit because they were upset their AMA went to shit and tried to call in people to help him out.

Only one thought sprang to mind:
https://youtu.be/xL8cgDQybOs?t=1m25s

madster111 said:
Speed cameras near schools are the governments way of endangering peoples children to make money. Looking at a speedo instead of the road is apparently a safe decision.

Haha, what?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod