Sticky Controller Buttons

Boringman54

Rookie
For some random reason, the D-pad on one of my Wii-motes and the X button on one of my PS3 controllers are sticky and it's pissing me off. I have no idea how it happened but luckily, I have a backup controller for each. But does anyone know how to cure the sticky buttons?

Longo_2_guns said:
Swab with a wettish q-tip and then press it a lot.
I sorta went with your idea, I did what this guy did on Youtube. I just dipped a toothbrush in hot water, brushed it a bit and now they work fine! This is free to be closed now.

last time i had a sticky button problem was when i purchased a 3rd party n64 controller. since them i've only bought 1st party controllers and ive never had a problem..

I have a bit of OCD when it comes to hand-washing, so things I touch don't get sticky, greasy or gritty....

beep beep, boop.. click shink...tick tick.. ti...t
*explodes*

Lentium said:
I have a bit of OCD when it comes to hand-washing, so things I touch don't get sticky, greasy or gritty....

I have the same tendency. Also, don't eat and play games, especially not greasy things like crisps or chocolate.
As for the cleaning, a damp tissue and a 50/50 water alcohol mixture will do wonders (if you have any alcohol, otherwise you might want to improvise with some Windex), then dry it with a table cloth.
But as Confucius said: "it's better to leave early than to run" ergo, prevention is better than action. Keep your controllers clean.

No idea how it happened?... right, stop jerking off on your controller.

or you can stop eating and then playing. that does it a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod