Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by used44, Feb 25, 2009.

1. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

So I just picked this up for Xbox 360 for $25 at Target. It's way more fun than you would assume.

The GR review: B

Anyone else tried this?

2. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I have it, but I haven't played it yet. I got it when my 360 was broke, and forgot where I put it.

3. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

I've never purchased a superhero themed videogame.

4. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I bought Web of Shadows for my brother for PC for like, $27 AUD. He said it was good, but he was annoyed at the quick time events of the game, in particular the final fight (apparently it's one giant quick time fest). I would try it out but when he's home my brother tends to be on his PC so fair enough.

I heard that a lot of reviewers (other than GR) didn't really like Web of Shadows, while fans of Spider-Man and video games alike have enjoyed the game.

5. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

I just started playing it, and while I like it so far my only problem is Peter has a super whiny voice.

6. downwitdaclown69

I wanna find it at that price lol.

7. GhostTrip

GhostTrip Rookie

Back in the PS2 era I bought Ultimate Spider-man based off the comics so that my little cousins would have something to play when they came over. All I had were Mature games or Final Fantasy which they hated.

8. DocMoc

DocMoc Rookie

I checked it out at the store. It looked okay. Tell me more Used, is it worth it if I can't get it for 25 bucks?

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Read that GR review. It sums up my thoughts perfectly. I haven't played but past Chapter 2 yet so I'm not far enough in to really give a full review, but it's definitely a fun game. I probably wouldn't spend $60 on it, but if you can get it for under $40 then go for it.

I know I say this a lot, but I think I might actually write a review for this one!

Oh man I know. It gets better, but that first part (and every other part when he's talking to MJ) is so embarrassingly whiny. Man up, Parker. The rest of the voice-acting is pretty good though. And the dialogue is pure Marvel Spider-Man cheesiness, so it all works well together.

10. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Yeah it does. I just beat act 1 and I have to say, I am liking this game. I wish there was just a little more to what you can do. It's good, it isn't as good as Spiderman 2, which kicked serious ass, but it is still good.

11. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The combat is wonderful. Chaining aerials, to ground, to walls, then back up to the air is a major highlight.

Longo, you probably just unlocked the Web Strike or whatever its called (the Y button). Get ready to grin ear to ear for the rest of the game. That's the coolest shit ever.

12. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

I've had that for a while. I'm chasing Black Cat right now, which has to happen once in each Spiderman game. Yeah, it is pretty good. The one thing I wish I could do more with is the Dark Suit tentacle attack. Like grab them after and throw them off a rooftop.

13. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

I was actually surprised GR gave it a B. Gametrailers (who I consider 2nd to GR) gave it like 5.2

14. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know, it got some good scores, too. It's by no means a perfect game, and it has its fair share of glitches and annoyances. Overall, though a very enjoyable (and occasionally amazing) experience.

It's one of those games that gets a lot better after you've played it for a few hours.