SpeedRunsCentral - Marathon for MSF/DWB July 07-14, 2014

Sightless

Veteran
Featuring some lesser-known but well-deserving speedrunners. (Sorry for the late post!)

www.twitch.tv/speedrunscentral

Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... w?sle=true

For those of you who know him, Festival Temple will be running Klonoa 2 100% Popkaless. It is scheduled for late night (1:20 a.m. EST) Thursday/Friday. If I can swing it, I may be providing co-commentary, which basically means making stupid sounds, dupa-dipas, and asking what just happened there for two and a half hours. How could you not?

I knows he does speedruns of that game, but I never saw what he looked like. Is it like GDQ where they film theimselves as well? I guess I would have to ask him, but he never shows up in chat anymore. He's too cool for GR. I also need to ask him how to set up the timer for strreams. I think he's using WSplit or Livesplit? Dammit, Festival! Get over here

EDIT: Can't watch him perform anyways, I'll be working.

Hmmmm, 6:20am for me...can you record it for me please?! Seen Festy run Klonoa 2 a couple of times and it's a good watch.

EDIT: Oh my God, the game line-up is incredible!!

I know, right? It's going to have a bit of a different feel from GDQ events.

He shows up in chat from time to time, but doesn't stay, and doesn't talk. LIKE MOST OF GR. :|

You're making me feel bad because I'm forgetting his setup. I'll direct him to this thead tonight so he can all of your fan questions. :p He'll be back in like... I dunno. 6-8 hours or something.

The stream will be set up like his twitch usually is; SRC will simply be re-streaming his twitch stream as they add their own marathon info and whatnot. Doubt there'll be cam action going on (although I encourage you to bother him about regularly having a hand cam).

EDIT (because everyone else is): As he's doing it through twitch, it'll be preserved there for the viewing at later dates. I'll make sure he's aware that you'll want to watch it after the fact. Not sure what SRC does on their side for post-event viewing.

I use Amarec 3.0 to deinterlace (it still seems to have a few weird audio problems now and then though), and I capture that with OBS. I switched to Livesplit a while ago because there's more customization.

If anybody wants to co-commentate I can get you in on the mumble. I've been practicing for the past few days. When lots of people are watching my hands start shaking, so I'm worried about getting too nervous.

I believe they'll be posting the finished videos to youtube once it's all over, so don't worry about totally missing it.

That's not what I asked. I asked about the timing setup. What do you use to record your time?

Livesplit, but that's just to get a sense of how I'm doing. My true time is gotten by counting the frames in virtualdub and dividing by 60 to see exactly how many seconds it took.

MattAY, the run will last at least two hours (sub 2:10 hype!), so maybe you can catch the end of it? Not sure if that's too early or too late. ;P

Festival-Temple said:
Livesplit, but that's just to get a sense of how I'm doing. My true time is gotten by counting the frames in virtualdub and dividing by 60 to see exactly how many seconds it took.
Cool, I'll look into Livespliting. I'm guessing raw video is 60FPS and that's why you're dividing the frame count?

Yeah, I wake up at 8am, so I may be able to catch the end of it before I nip to work!

So, the person who was on the stream at the time accidentally let slip the super special access codes to the vault of infinity, and the stream was hijacked.

In the end, SRC's channel was deleted/deactivated, and I'm waiting to hear further word. I'm limited in my resources while at work, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find out anything useful.

This may mean that Festy's run won't happen. It's scheduled for tonight, but obviously not if the stream isn't up. No word on whether they would be continuing with the schedule as is and skipping the runs scheduled during the down time, or if they will adjust the schedule and push everything ahead.

I have my own thoughts on what to do, but I'm just an observer. We'll see what happens... I'm really disappointed that people out there would jack a stream fundraising for charity. Ridiculous.

Sightless said:
So, the person who was on the stream at the time accidentally let slip the super special access codes to the vault of infinity, and the stream was hijacked.

In the end, SRC's channel was deleted/deactivated, and I'm waiting to hear further word. I'm limited in my resources while at work, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find out anything useful.

This may mean that Festy's run won't happen. It's scheduled for tonight, but obviously not if the stream isn't up. No word on whether they would be continuing with the schedule as is and skipping the runs scheduled during the down time, or if they will adjust the schedule and push everything ahead.

I have my own thoughts on what to do, but I'm just an observer. We'll see what happens... I'm really disappointed that people out there would jack a stream fundraising for charity. Ridiculous.

Shitty. People are assholes.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Upon conducting further research, it looks like the stream may be back up? https://twitter.com/speedruncentral

It kind of looks like they're continuing where they left off, but also some changes had to be made... Festy should be around in time to keep his originally scheduled slot, so hopefully that'll go forward. Verified that I'll be attempting to co-commentate. :)

Well at least they figured out how to fix it.

Also a 55 minute New Vegas speed run? I wonder if it is easy to top that.

I really wished I could watch this, just for the co-commentary. I remember doing that with that obscure game Festy was playing, but I'm curious how Sightless (and others) will be able to watch and comment without delay.

Well, that was a bit hasty in calling it the world record. >___> He's still the record holder, but the run he did that gave him that was a recording that's non-continuous, so not verifiable I suppose you could say. This one is obviously continuous and with witnesses, and I think was about 40 seconds off?

I'm really glad you could make an appearance, MattAY! It's nice to see familiar faces. The chat overall was pretty welcoming and a good group, and the host was a good guy.

There were a lot of small things that went wrong in the run, but it was so much fun. Wish I had better things to say -- I felt like I was less useful as a commentator most of the time. Being moral support is okay though. :p

Not sure when they post vids to yt, but I've seen a few go up on a reddit thread somewhere...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod