So what happened to the sigs?

maca2kx said:
I suppose this can be taken as proof that few people read the announcements.

Sam

We have an announcement page?

EDIT: Beyond me acting like an ass hole here, I would just like to through in my opinion. The boards honestly look cleaner without the sigs. For the first time ever GR doesn't look like a cluster fuck of useless information, pointless pictures, and ASCII's of penises.

Now all we need is about sixty more active posters, and the removal of the edit button (Yeah I know I'm one of it's chief users, but it's too easily abused.)

No, they appear at the top of whatever forum they're posted in like the stickys but with a different icon.

Sam

It's not a good look.

As for your edit, I can't see the edit feature being removed in the foreseeable future, it stops double posts for the most part, allows us to remove embarrassing or ridiculous typos and I fail to see how it can be abused to a large extent. As for sigs I don't know what's going to happen, I'll talk with Joe and the other GMs about it next chance I get because it was going to be a temporary measure to stop the spread of that damn embedded thing.

Sam

GAMERXCORE TOPIC: POST YOUR SHOE SIZE!

RABITNARUTOFAN POST: LOLZ K 12

xxXICUTMYSELFXxx POST: 7 IM SMALLZ TE HE

GAMERXCORE EDIT TOPIC: POST YOUR AGE!

RABITNARUTOFAN POST: LOLZ K 12

xxXICUTMYSELFXxx POST: 7 IM SMALLZ TE HE

NAZIMODDER POST: OOOOHHH IMA A BANIN J00'S UNDERAGERS!

I realize this is a bad example (very bad example) , but I'm just throwing it out there. It's just something to consider later down the road, when *if* GR gets more than the average ten active posters.

Frodo_Bag_Feet said:
EDIT: Beyond me acting like an ass hole here, I would just like to through in my opinion. The boards honestly look cleaner without the sigs. For the first time ever GR doesn't look like a cluster f*** of useless information, pointless pictures, and ASCII's of penises.
YES. You sir know what you're talking about.

100% your fault. People wont click on that topic again if they've read the main one. I certainly didn't notice TNO's statement of all knowing since i stopped checking it after a pointless diatribe about Paris Hilton.

Just make another with the snappy announcement in the topic title if you have a further change to inform people of, you wont run out of topics.

Question: When the hacking happened, it happened at the same time as the code hit shitloads of websites - was GR singled out by the same people or was it just a coincidental attack?

it was coincidental, we are just one of many sites that allow users to post html. lots of them were hit at the same time.

used44 said:
Wait.. sooo..... What happened to the sigs?

Signatures were being used to embed the code as well as first posts in the forums so they were disabled to cut the rate of infection down.

Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod