So Loki, Buzz Lightyear and Darth Vader walk into a bar...

I was mostly surprised by how little it cost them. I mean, 4 billion isn't that much for Star Wars.

Disney has done good by Pixar and Marvel. I think they'll do great things with LucasFilms. I'm just amazed that George Lucas has finally relinquished (ie. sold for billions) his control over Star Wars. I was convinced he was going to take it to his grave, pissing off fans the whole time.

Episodes 7, 8, and 9? I don't really want any more new movies that are directly related to the original trilogy, but oh well. With the right filmmaker they could be successful. It won't change my fondness for the original movies.

The definition of insanity?
Runaway-Brain-23-web.jpg

used44 said:
Episodes 7, 8, and 9? I don't really want any more new movies that are directly related to the original trilogy, but oh well. With the right filmmaker they could be successful. It won't change my fondness for the original movies.
Wondering what episode 7 would be about. Rebuilding the Jedi, new Sith appears?

De-Ting said:
I have a lot of expectations for this, none of them good.

I remember thinking the same thing about the Marvel deal, but that turned out aces. Disney isn't stupid. They know what they have and what the fans want. I think this will end up being something very good for the Star Wars universe.

the next trilogy has pretty much been written in 7 or 8 different varieties given the massive extended universe, just pick a series and run with it

Well, yeah, why wouldn't they be. If Episode 7 wasn't directly related to Episode 6, then it wouldn't be called Episode 7. Like others have said, I would definitely prefer a movie that was set in the expanded universe instead of a sequel involving the Skywalkers, but oh well. Mildly disappointing.
Who knows what will happen though.

Well, the bar was set so low on the prequels that I can only see good things. Plus, I've been very happy with what they're doing at Pixar and Marvel. Not to mention that Disney has actually put out some decent stuff on their own. Have you seen Enchanted? Have you seen Tangled?

Oh sister, you have no idea how much I love that movie. It's such a perfect return to the old formula that made Disney movies great in the (90's: Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty & the Beast). Takes a deep breath...yes, good movie.

I'm hoping Episode 7 takes a deeper look on the psychological issues Luke will surely have developed now that it's sunk in how he totally kissed his sister.

Episodes 7, 8, and 9 will be the CGI adventures of Anakin Skywalker fighting in the Clone Wars.

The fan base is already there. For the latest generation of Star Wars fans, that's what Star Wars is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft