So Gwent Just Got a Stand Alone Game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by rebiscocrackers, Jun 10, 2016.

1. rebiscocrackers

After the success of Witcher III, the stand-alone game Gwent is getting its own stand-alone game. The trademark was filled with Class 9 and 41 into the European Union Intellectual Property Office just a few days ago.

Any of you guys played the card game and are just psyched that it's getting its own game?

2. Ivory_Soul

Ivory_Soul Highly Motivated Test Subject

This could be good on tablets. Of course foaming at the mouth fanboys are going to naysay this. I don't really play Gwent in the game as I'm too busy...playing the game. But it's healthy for the series. I loved The Witcher Adventure Game on my tablet. This could be great.

3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I never played Gwent in The Witcher III. I wasn't interested, so it annoyed me when there were a few side quests that forced you to play Gwent. Since I never played, I always had really crap cards and got smashed.

I got a mate who loves the Gwent game, so he's gonna be thrilled to hear this.

4. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never been able to get into card games like Magic or Hearthstone.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Gwent is fun in the Witcher. I dont know about other card games, but it seems like Gwent isn't as in depth as the others? Seems like it's not far off from a game of Uno or something.

Could be wrong!

6. rebiscocrackers

I agree, the gameplay's not that deep. But, maybe, just maybe, they'd change it up a bit and improve it so it can be a bit more than just a casual card game.

7. thenerdds

thenerdds Rookie

Never played Gwent in the game either.. Hoping that it's going to turn out great..

8. osaco

osaco Rookie

some says that the game will be completely free for its multiplayer. All card decks also (no micro-transaction for a particular card). Paid content will come from the side of the single player campaigns (with cinematics and voice acting) a life of around ten hours.