Skate 2 Topic

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Wow, this game is short. Tutorial, sponsored, game over. I've played 15 hours and have almost all of the single-player achievements. Haven't been online with it yet.

What do you guys think? I really think it's an improvement over the first game. I may write a review.

Right now I'm working on getting all of the Hall of Meat challenges completed, and aside from that I still need to beat all the Pros at a game of S.K.A.T.E and beat the Girl sponsor challenge of beating Koston and Carrol at S.K.A.T.E. I've found an easy way to beat the pros, but Koston and Carrol thrown down the most difficult tricks with very little speed off the kicker (somehow they gain speed but I don't?!) so that one's going to be difficult.

Anyone else playing?

My friend and I played career mode for about 3 hours just throwing ourselves down the mountain and Hippy Jumping over various things, mainly trying to hippy jump over cars.

I find these kind of game a lot more fun if you don't actually do the main "quest" and just find all the little fun things in the game, like hippy jumping into cars.

I find the locale much better over the first game and tweaking your falls is a lot of fun. Being able to cannonball into a passerby is amazing.

Also being able to get better camera angles on your replays is awesome too.

I miss the Slo-Mo on replays though. And the filters. I can't (totally can) believe EA is going to try to make people pay for DLC that was included in the PREQUEL! Pathetic.

As for your point, on just dicking around and freeskating being the most fun, I totally agree. The new spots and added security make it even more fun than the first. I'm still surprised the Career is so short though. You think it wouldn't be difficult to program more jams and contests at a few more spots.

It's pretty good but slightly frustrating. I can't get over how horrible the walking controls are, he's like a tank. Hall of Meat is kind of confusing as to when it actually counts. I've gotten 18000+ points various times but no broken bones. Also, gaining speed is annoying. Other than that, it's fine.

The walkig is really, really bad - but I've found that I'm still on my board 99% of the time, so it's hard to get to hung up on that flaw. A bigger flaw would be the camera when you're going really fast or reverting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle