Silent Hill 8

I think they mean that it's the 8th Silent Hill game.

Silent Hill 1 - 5
Then Origins which was a prequel
Then Shattered Memories which was a re-imagining of SH1

So this is the 8th game, but really it would be Silent Hill 6.

I was hoping this would follow the same style as Shattered Memories because that game was AMAZING. It breathed new life into the series just like how RE4 breathed new life into the RE series. But this looks like another Homecoming (SH5) and that was a disappointment.

Frig.

But I've still got my fingers crossed...

I just want a normal person, not an ex-soldier like Homecoming. I'm hoping this guy was in jail because he murdered someone, with no battle skills! So it will be a nice psychological thriller with an average joe...like it should be!

WickedLiquid said:
I was hoping this would follow the same style as Shattered Memories because that game was AMAZING.

Ain't that the truth.

It was by no means perfect but it was definitely the best SH game I've played since 2. I'll still always prefer the original but that re-imagining was damn good. And I was probably the most critical of the game when I first heard about it, lol.

This one looks good enough. I've come to realise a long time ago that no SH sequel will ever top the first two. I used to wait anxiously for SH games such as The Room and Homecoming and become disappointed again and again. So now I look at upcoming SH titles as "just another game" and don't get excited anymore.

Where's my SH brethren MasterChris at?

antagonist who may or may not be a murder? check

creepy lil kid? check

female character inserted for the hell of it? check

yeap... seems silent hill hasn't changed one bit. *sigh*

give the game back to team silent already.

also, shattered memories was great story wise, gameplay wise.... it sucked.

Really now?

I have Shattered Memories on PSP and it plays ok. granted i've only played 12 minutes of it - too afraid to continue if you know what i mean lol. i barely managed to get through origins because i had a walkthrough to follow. shit is scary as fuck cuz.

yeap, really. i have it on psp also. its the story, not the gameplay, that makes you want to see what happens next.

i've played every sh game so far. story wise, it ranks right up there with sh2, gameplay wise, ranks with sh4.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
yeap, really. i have it on psp also

That might be why. I haven't played it on PSP but that game was designed for the Wii. After playing it on the Wii I couldn't imagine playing it on any other console. The motion sensor was flawless and the controls were a huge improvement over previous SH titles.

I remember my buddy buying the first one, and trying to get me to play it ... I just couldnt make myself do it. The end of the movie, with all the faceless guys in the dark, scared the shit out of me too.

You mean the actual movie? Dude, that was fucked up at the end. When the barbed wire thing goes up that woman's vajayjay and splits her in half!

GORRRRREEE!

The Silent Hill movie was only half right.

It all went downhill once they introduced the town's people. Also the husband plot was simply thrown in because there were no male characters. Which could've been avoided if they used Harry fucking Mason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod