Silent Hill 5: Homecoming problem

Do you use inverted aiming?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just picked this up after work and started playing it. I have run into a small problem with the controls. I don't know how many people play this way, but I can only play games when I have the vertical (Y) axis inverted. I have the PS3 version and I can't seem to get the option to invert to work. :cry:

I toggle the option on and off, but it is still the same no matter if it was on or off( normal view and aiming, it does not do anything). I would love to play farther than the first save point but it is hard to play a horror game and you keep looking in the wrong direction half the time and need to adjust it back in the right direction. If someone could tell me if they have the same problem maybe i would not feel so bad.

I think you just have to get used to this... It really shows how stupid game developers can be sometimes.
But I've heard that they've screwed this game up so bad anyways, turning it into some kind of stupid RE4 clone. That good old Silent Hill that we all know and love doesn't exist anymore.

Just get used to it. I used to play inverted all the time, and eventually friends would come over and tell me that it was f**ked up. I switched once, kept playing with it, and now i can play either pretty well.

Play holding the controller upside down, see if that helps. Getting used to the button scheme that way might be easier than inverting the logical movements of your fingers.

That's how good brains work, fellas!

I'm used to inverted, it's just set in my brain. Ever since I played Starfox (SNES) I played my first game where the controls were inverted and it took a while to get used to but it just felt right.

Then, my friends, it was only a matter of time before I got my hands on Goldeneye for N64 (AKA the best game ever for it's time) and inverted aim felt much better. As the years went on, I was strictly an inverted aim player. And nothing would change my mind.

When I start a game and controls aren't inverted I feel like an old lady who can't find a stamp to mail her grandson a birthday card with ballons and clowns on it. Then once I switch the aim I've found that stamp and the card is sent to my 26 yr old grandson.

I never play inverted unless it's a flight sim. But I do think its stupid if a game these days doesn't allow you to choose.

I think it's stupid they don't allow you to go back to 3D controls, and force you to use those awkward 2D controls...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod