Shows that were cancelled ahead of their time

GRColin

Rookie
Tonight was the series finale of perhaps one of televisions greatest shows of all time, Hannibal. Hannibal was so well done with brilliant performances and writing that it became a critical darling and found a devout following of fans. Unfortunately the ratings weren't there and after 3 seasons NBC pulled the plug.

It's not the first time something like this has happened. Shows like Firefly and Almost Human were really something special but they didn't make the cut for additional seasons.

What are some shows that were cancelled ahead of their time that you'd love to see still on the air? On the opposite end of the spectrum what are some shows that are still on that make you wonder "how the hell is that crap still in production?"

Party Down on Starz

a lot of the actors left the show for other networks, then they just said "fuck it, not enough star power" so they killed it off

what else, ummm, Brickleberry was kinda fucking great. I never watch Tosh.0 but i was a fan of Brickleberry.

Kenny vs. Spenny, for my own selfish reasons and Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the youth of our planet.

931ahiO.gif

Come on people, the one and only.

Veronica Mars. I could have watched another three seasons at a stupid college. Thomas writes a hilarious teenage noir.

Frickin' Firefly. I loved that show. I can't believe it was cancelled in its first season and it didn't even finish the first season!

The film Serenity was supposed to be a "filler" of sorts, like... to make Firefly fans happy, and while it was a good movie, it just made things worse. :(

Jericho. Abruptly ended on a cliffhanger and could have gone on for a good few years more.

The last episode of Continuum has aired in Canada and DAMN do you Canadians know how to end a time travel show.

Wicked's post reminded me of a trivia show on Comedy Central called "Beat the Geeks." There was a panel of permanent geeks specializing in certain topics like movies, television, and music; the fourth geek specialized in some random area of interest such as Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. Three contestants would compete to "Beat the Geeks" with their knowledge of useless trivia. Great show. It's a shame it only lasted two seasons.

The Big Bang Theory and Two Broke Girls. I have no idea how those sitcoms are still on. To my surprised, The Flash classic TV series ended after one season.

I also watched Twin Peaks on Netflix awhile back. It's campy as hell but stuck with it because I heard such good things. It was definitely creepy and I could see where the oroginal Silent Hill got its inspiration.

...but that ending.... wtf....

Then I found out it was cancelled.

UghRochester said:
To my surprised, The Flash classic TV series ended after one season.

The only thing I remember from this show was The Flash running so fast around a telephone booth (another thing I'm old enough to remember) that he caused all the glass to shatter. Something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod