Sega Exec Says Gearbox Embezzled A:CM Funds

It certainly sounds like crying over a poorly rated game, to me.

Also, who the heck wants to work for Sega, these days?

There's actually a surprising amount of evidence regarding it, but whether or not it'll actually result in a lawsuit is another story.

Yeah I couldn't believe this story, but I'd totally believe it if I were in court. How much does it cost to fund a supposedly AAA game for SIX years?

I kind of hope this story is true in a way.

Mainly because Gearbox is so overrated, but also because we can use a sort of scandal within the industry to springboard into more corporate culture issues and maybe discuss them as journalists the way Edward R. Morrow used to do.

One can dream, I guess.

De-Ting said:
It certainly sounds like crying over a poorly rated game, to me.

Also, who the heck wants to work for Sega, these days?

relic_logo.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

I thought it was common knowledge they siphoned money from Aliens to fund Borderlands 2?

Call bullshit on Borderlands 1, though. Made too long ago.
And if they did use some of it for Duke Nukem, it much have been a pathetically small amount.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was actually true. I don't want to assume it is, nor dismiss the idea.

I finally watched the original trailer/commentary video of Aliens: Colonial Marines recently and holy crap, it looks like an entirely different game. The location and environment is different, the graphics and lighting are better and character animations are a lot smoother and more realistic.

When I bought and played Aliens: Colonial Marines (before returning it for full refund) I didn't realise just how different the original trailer was compared to the final game. Holy. Crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod