Section for mobile games?

WickedLiquid

Regular
Hey, just thought that since the iPhone has gotten pretty big you guys should have a page for mobile games. Maybe replace RPG with it or something?

With the exception of the Mafia games, the RPG forum is pretty much dead. In fact, the Mafia games are there probably due to the lack of intrest in that forum. Come to think of it, why is there a forum for just one genre?

Anything RPG related could probably go into the General section and give it some more life.

GR would never dream of removing the RPG forum. Did you see the uproar when the colour change went from black to white?

Wes said:
GR would never dream of removing the RPG forum. Did you see the uproar when the colour change went from black to white?

I still hate the new white.

MJ looked better black, as did GR.

As for removing the RPG forum for iPhone and Java based games,
Fuck You.

There are NO good games on the iPhone or any mobile platform not in the other forums.
No exceptions.

madster111 said:
There are NO good games on the iPhone or any mobile platform not in the other forums.
No exceptions.
Seriously, what the fuck would there be to talk about? It's a bunch of shitty flash shovelware games with 10 minutes of appeal. So how about instead, if you really care, make a topic in General or something for all the iPhone and Mobile shit.

in accordance with public opion, i too have been swayed to say FUCK YOU.

Also, phone games are for weenies. You aren't a weenie, are you? If you are you will make Chuck Norris cry and then he'd have to round house kick you with his tears of ass kickery.

If you ask me, anyone rich and/or dumb enough with their money to buy games on their phone is a douchebag anyway.

Hey guys! Guess what???? This thread is directed to the admins hence why it is in the Grandmasters forum and not the Misc. Therefore your opinion doesn't really matter or have any merit in this thread. Like OMG! Who would have guessed?

But thanks for all your kind words, I'm sure the admins appreciate having to skim through all the worthless replies before they can give me a serious answer.

Wes said:

It's sort of like when facebook changes and you have a mob of angry people creating groups on how they'll cancel their account if it doesn't go back to the old way. But nobody ever does. If GR ever changed people would cry about it but then eventually everyone would get used to it and STFU.

I know it seems odd having only one genre of gaming when there is already a General section for all genres. RPG doesn't really fit in with the other pages and it's the slowest forum with the exception of Classic. However, the RPG forum has some sort of cult following at GR. It's a place where games such as Mafia, BBK's Quest and Survivor are played (RIP Ghost).

It could be possible to have a mobile section, or a handheld games forum. But GR just isn't busy enough to add more pages. So anything PSP can go in Sony, anything DS can go in Nintendo and iPhone can go in General.

You fit in nicely with our community and I like ya. But you are still not wise to the ways of the force around here. Besides a strict "no change" policy GR stands behind (like the facebook groups you mentioned) they also like to play the band wagon game so don't take all the Fuck You's personally. You're dealing with madster and De-Ting here, they're not exactly the brightest bunch.

Wes said:
You're dealing with madster and De-Ting here, they're not exactly the brightest bunch.
I'm going to assume the most part of your resent is because of my picture I made for you and just agree about the madster part. ^_^

I suggest having a section for not just mobile games, but for mobile apps as well.
And truly the RPG forum will never conclude it's existance.
I'm sure the GR Staff will take in thought of the suggestions fellas (perhaps this would have been a question to ask them on the podcast).

Speaking of which, what DID happen to Ghost?

But yeah, don't change the RPG forum. If anything, we need to liven it up a bit. I tried with my RPG game, but it grounded into a halt when I had school to contend with. But we can still go back to it and make something grand! We just need time, effort, and people to notice things.

As for mobile games....meh. They are kind of pointless, like flash games.

Wes said:
I know it seems odd having only one genre of gaming when there is already a General section for all genres. RPG doesn't really fit in with the other pages and it's the slowest forum with the exception of Classic. However, the RPG forum has some sort of cult following at GR. It's a place where games such as Mafia, BBK's Quest and Survivor are played (RIP Ghost).

It could be possible to have a mobile section, or a handheld games forum. But GR just isn't busy enough to add more pages. So anything PSP can go in Sony, anything DS can go in Nintendo and iPhone can go in General.

You fit in nicely with our community and I like ya. But you are still not wise to the ways of the force around here. Besides a strict "no change" policy GR stands behind (like the facebook groups you mentioned) they also like to play the band wagon game so don't take all the f*** You's personally. You're dealing with madster and De-Ting here, they're not exactly the brightest bunch.

I gotcha, thanks. <3

Just for the sake of argument, there's more to the iPhone then just flash games such as Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid Touch.

The GMs don't read the forums very often anymore. If you have a question or suggestion, you should ask it on the podcast, I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle