Scrolls Lawsuit

A temp injunction doesn't really mean Mojang won anything, just that everything can stay the way it is until the court actually rules on the case. And while many people may think this is kind of a silly lawsuit, the way Trademark laws are set up in the US Zenimax basically had their hand forced to sue, because if they don't fight for any possible Trademark infringements - no matter how trivial it may seem - they can lose their ability to fight for much more grievous Trademark infringements down the road. Plus it's not like they are suing for any sort of monetary compensation, they are just protecting their brand name.

That being said, Notch has looked like a complete ass over this whole situation, and I have to say I've lost a lot of respect for him.

^ If the main theme of the game is scrolls and gameplay consists of said scrolls then what would you call it?

This case is still not as bad as that whole "Edge" fiasco.

cyberjim2000 said:
^ If the main theme of the game is scrolls and gameplay consists of said scrolls then what would you call it?

This case is still not as bad as that whole "Edge" fiasco.

Mirror's Edge is about free-running, so let's just call it Free Runner.
Let's call Mario, PipeMan.

Hell, let's start calling Cell Phones, Cellular Phones again.

Modern Warfare - What's this game about?
Battlefield 3 - I can probably take a guess where the game probably takes place.
Thief - If this game doesn't contain any stealing I'd be disappointed.

Anyways, Scrolls maybe a stupid name but I think it's far from the worst.

cyberjim2000 said:
Modern Warfare - Russians
Battlefield 3 - It's obviously the story of the Three Kingdoms.
Thief - A teaser for the new Sly Game.

Anyways, Scrolls maybe a stupid name but I think it's far from the worst.

Green_Lantern said:
A temp injunction doesn't really mean Mojang won anything, just that everything can stay the way it is until the court actually rules on the case.

That's not actually the case. From what I understand, the fact that they sided with Mojang on the injunction means that they don't find obvious merit with Bethesda's case. In other words, it's pretty likely they're going to side with Mojang unless some amazing case can be put together by Bethesda.

What has he done that's made him look like an ass, if you don't mind my asking?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle