Ronnie James Dio has died

j3U7j.jpg

RIP

I was never a really big Dio fan, in fact the only song by him I can name is Holy Diver, but I know what he did for the music I listen to today. I was never quite into hair metal, but I do realize that it was just part of the evolution of metal as a whole, and this man was definitely one of its figureheads. RJD, you will be missed

Was listening to his stuff from Rainbow earlier....this is real sad because he was such a class act as well as a talented musician.

Give them hell in heaven, Ronnie!

Apparently he was a pretty great character and, though I don't know much about his music career, even I can see how important he was to a fledging heavy metal scene. He helped to create an entire image. Impressive.

malakian said:
Bye dio! I find metal a total waste of time, but holy diver was funny.

How is Metal a waste of time? Let alone any type of music? Show some respect dude. Ronnie James Dio was a very important figure in my life, and I'm sure many other peoples lives.

So the Westboro Baptist Church (those assholes who picket military funerals) picketed the memorial service of Dio. I wonder how many people went metal on their asses...

schimmel said:
So the Westboro Baptist Church (those assholes who picket military funerals) picketed the memorial service of Dio. I wonder how many people went metal on their asses...
I'm surprised there wasn't a mass murder of those stupid cunts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle