Rock Band Fans - how much will you pay?

How much would you spend on Rock Band 2?

• More than $200: Gimme RB2 and the extra goodies!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $179: RB2 starter kit (game, guitar, drums, mic)

• Less than $179: You're limiting yourself to a disc and maybe replacement controllers.

• Nothing: I'm a die-hard Guitar Hero or Rock Revolution guy!

• Nothing: You think I'm paying for this junk?

• Nothing: I intend to develop a mastery of Wii Music.

• Total voters
Nick's put up the awesome Rock Band 2 preview, so here's a GRandmasters' poll: how much would YOU shell out for RB2? (Not counting DLC songs.)

"Extra goodies" on that first option include Nick's precious $300 ION drums, additional cymbals, disco lights or any of the crazy hardware that has a Rock Band branded on the box. Nick, did you buy that Rock Band smoke machine for the office yet?

I looked at putting together the standalone instruments, to get around paying for a microphone in the RB2 starter kit. Assuming that the RB2 instruments are the same price as the RB1 ones (I bet they have an extra $10 tacked on), I found just one wireless guitar ($59), a drum kit ($79) and a RB2 song disc ($59) amounting to $190 pretax! I guess the smrt thing to do is buy a RB2 starter kit and donate the mic to a charitable cause who donates extra microphones to hungry families.

I can't see myself spending money on RB2 unless I know I won't be the only one in the household playing it. 179 dollars is too much on a video game. I can buy an ATi 4850 for that price, or a blu-ray player for my PC. I'd get a lot more use out of a blu ray player that can play tons of movies, than one game.

I just won't buy it since I have discovered that when owning a rhythm game the novelty wears off after a while (for me at least) and I get bored of it. That and I'd rather play in a real band while displaying my 1337 skills on a guitar

I agree with schimmel, not on the "real instruments are beter" arrgument, but that I get bored of rhythm games quickly. I own GHII and RB, so I doubt I'll get any more.

I'm gonna have to see if my other buddies buy in to it. If they do I'll pick it up so I can play too.

Also, schimmel, that "Play a real guitar" argument is starting to get played out. Nobody thinks you are "1337" on guitar but your mother, so quit it. This is a video game forum.

I just did some repairs on the guitar recently, because my strum bar was being unresponsive until I tweaked it a bit. So for me, the purchase of new instruments is not necessary yet.

Just the game is all I need now, it's more than enough to cover the bases. If anything, I get another guitar, and when the drums go, pick that up, because the drums might not last much longer.

$300 Alesis ION Kit
+ $60 Rock Band 2 Guitar
+ $60 Rock Band 2 Guitar (for bass)
+ $60 Rock Band 2 Game.
+ $??? Mic Stand
+ $??? Smoke Machine
+ $??? Strobe Lights
+ $??? Dancing Monkey
= $480+++ Total.

Hmm... maybe I should get a PS3 instead? :twisted:

used44 said:
I agree with schimmel, not on the "real instruments are beter" arrgument, but that I get bored of rhythm games quickly. I own GHII and RB, so I doubt I'll get any more.

Same here, rhythm games kinda bore me anymore.

Buying RB2 + instruments is nothing compared to how much it would cost me to buy a bigger dog house.

...because that's where I'd have to live if I brought yet more plastic instruments into the living room.

It seems to me like the improved Drums is all you really need to buy, that is if you are the "drummer". I'm not. My RB (and hopefully my GH) guitar should work for this new game.

If it doesn't, then fuck Harmonix.

LinksOcarina said:
Is that all really worth it though, Nick. I mean why not save money and just buy a new drum kit when it comes out?

Oh, it's a personalized list for sure, and none of the things I marked with question marks are actually serious purchases. I've been using the GHIII guitar, but if it's not compatible anymore, I'll need the two RBII guitars. And besides, they have the solo buttons that I've always wanted anyway (even if they have a squishy strum bar).

Jesse_Costantino said:
Buying RB2 + instruments is nothing compared to how much it would cost me to buy a bigger dog house.

...because that's where I'd have to live if I brought yet more plastic instruments into the living room.

That's one of the most humorous things I've read in a while here.

Just giving credit where credit is due.

I'm only buying the disc. I have all the instruments and I don't want to buy any more. My only gripe is where are all the Korn songs? I mean they have Linkin Park on RB2 why not Korn?

sparky87 said:
I'm only buying the disc. I have all the instruments and I don't want to buy any more. My only gripe is where are all the Korn songs? I mean they have Linkin Park on RB2 why not Korn?

because if you pack too much shit on one disk it might explode.

Might as well have Journey songs on there...

Wii Music...

I refuse to spend $180 on some video game fad when I could, for example, take several hot women on dates for the same price (+ flowers, etc).

Not all at once, get your mind out of the gutter. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle