Robert Ebert Dies at the Age of 70

cyberjim2000

Veteran
and thus the man who said, "Gaming is not an Artform" lost the fight against cancer. May he harshly judge movies up in the sky.

Aww that sucks but not too surprising given has state of health over the last 5 years. He was a survivor and held on through thick and thin.

As for his comment on video games; meh, he was old. And I mean, he was a film critic, if my only knowledge of video games were through God awful film adaptations then I probably wouldn't "get it" either. I can recall he did enjoy some of the better video game movies like Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider so he still kept an open mind, as a reviewer always should.

May he RIP.

cyberjim2000 said:
and thus the man who said, "Gaming is not an Artform" lost the fight against cancer. May he harshly judge movies up in the sky.

yes-rudy1.gif

my nomination for quote of the week.. Sometimes.. there is genius found on these here forums.. Today, I value you sir, as a god.

I'm more of a Maltin man.

But "At the Movies" was pretty important to me when I was growing up.

Rip

I remember watching Siskel and Ebert as a kid and loving watching the previews of movies. That whole "two thumbs up" thing really took off for him. For all his criticism of video games, I'm not about to dance on his grave. The man helped to legitimize movies as a form of mass media and I respect that, though I do wish he could have been more open minded about other forms of art.

Saddening news. I liked reading what he had to say about the films I wanted to see, he was like GR for films to me.

And the balcony is closed.

Siskel & Ebert are irreplaceable quite frankly. I give two thumbs down the every other review system. Suck it, 5 Stars.

Chris_Crime said:

Siskel & Ebert are irreplaceable quite frankly. I give two thumbs down the every other review system. Suck it, 5 Stars.

This!

6rILoXy.jpg

I remember watching Siskel and Ebert when I was younger and later Ebert and Roeper. Film review has never been the same since Ebert & Roeper stopped doing their bit together and the importance of fi;m review has diminished slightly because of that. (To me anyways.)

Lethean said:
Chris_Crime said:

This!

6rILoXy.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, this made me smile in happiness.

Despite what Roger Ebert may have said about the industry, I can still respect him for nearly 40 years of work in his own realm.

We can only hope journalists in our own industry have such longevity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod