RIP Dragons Dogma

drathbone

Regular
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/dragons-dogm ... ps4-ps3-pc

Dragons Dogma Online

-f2p with microtransactions

-pc, xbone, ps4

-4 player parties or use AI pawns

-"similar gameplay focus" cling combat, giant monsters (doesn't actually say real time combat)

-town hubs to chat, form groups (with quick matching feature), "spend free time" with up to 100 players *cough destiny tower cough*

-"The game is open-world, and that open-world will be expanded little-by-little via large-scale updates launched seasonally. Bigger missions where up to eight players can participate are implied to be coming in one of these updates. Time-exclusive missions are also planned." Also sounds like Destiny's pseudo-mmo world.

Not saying I won't at least try it but It never specified the combat is real time (can't reasonably be done according to Zenimax/Bethesda on ESO). Cling combat could easily be like a combat stance where a set of new skills are activated when your clinging, with a chance of being knocked off going back to auto attack mode with typical mmo global cooldown skills.

The DLC for DD was already pretty lame with item packs. P2W is on the horizon.

Pay real $$ to hire pawns, change you/your pawns class, etc.

I know none of this May be true but it's what I feel like these kinds of cash grabs lean toward. I don't expect much from this title.

Don't forget that they have no current plans to port this to the west. So we'll have to play it with lag in Japanese.

This is just a stupid decision all around. Someone at Capcom needs to be fired.

Longo_2_guns said:
Don't forget that they have no current plans to port this to the west. So we'll have to play it with lag in Japanese.

This is just a stupid decision all around. Someone at Capcom needs to be fired.

Missed that part, like Dragon Quest Online.

F2P doesn't necessarily mean P2W, if you're smart enough you can do it.
Now, the company that already damn well MAKES this game (monster hunter) is unlikely to be smart about it, though, so yeah RIP in peace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod