Reviewer Job Question

How do you guys get contributing writiers for your reviews? Is there a certain criteria in picking staff writers? Is there also any way for fledging reviewers to contribute to the official reviews?

I've wondered about that too. I really think Links deserves a few official reviews.... he's really good.

Two words: Bear fight.

Just kidding, the GR application process is actually really easy and painless. If you live in the California Bay Area, just submit a writing sample. If it's good enough, we might hire you.

Sadly I don't live in California, I live in New York City.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though everyone..

I was thinking about contacting websites online to see if any of them are not only stationed in NY, but to also see if they have applications. It would be a side job though, which I don't even think is possible, but who knows.

I honestly doubt that they would accept me anyway, mainly because i'm not a journalist major, and I don't fit a corporate mold to well.

But, who knows, lol.

Are you that good of a reviewer? I have seen most of the fan reviews on here, they are pretty damn superfical and annoying.

Give this guy a job if hes that good!

I've actually thought that after college I would try to get a job at GR writing reviews.

That'd be fun.

masterchris said:
Why don't you read some of his reviews, and decide for yourself?

Well I try to avoid the reviews because most of the time they are less than a paragraph long and are not coherent, but I looked it up. Link's reviews are not to bad. So yeah, I can see why there is so much praise for his work.

GodsNDevils said:
Are you that good of a reviewer? I have seen most of the fan reviews on here, they are pretty damn superfical and annoying.

And you've seen mine. *looks at the comment GodsNDevils made about my Red Faction review*

Yeah, I stopped looking at reviews when it seemed like they were all a paragraph long and riddled with a lot of spelling errors.

Yours were good though. Is there anyone else who does good reviews on this site?

My first reviews were crap.... I think I did ok on my Gears of War one though.... *ahem*

JCD said:
My first reviews were crap.... I think I did ok on my Gears of War one though.... *ahem*

I have to say, you are a better reviewer than I am, at least that Gears of War one was awesome...

^ Oh comeofit. You left a comment saying that too! It's not true. I can honestly say, you are way better than I am. But thanks anyway. :)

some of you guys in this thread are indeed some of the best member reviewers we've got. we definately notice.

as far as becoming a gr reviewer, here's how we do it -

we put an ad in the berkeley campus newspaper and on craigslist. all applicants must submit a sample review (you guys have that part covered). most submissions are crap and we throw them out.

we select a couple good ones (often berkeley students) to become new writers. they write reviews in exchange for free copies of the game they're reviewing. most reviewers sell their games as soon as theyre done. eventually this has led to paid, full time jobs for staff members including joe dodson, and ben silverman.

however, this does mean you need to be local to berkeley, california so you can pick up your games and assignents. oh, you also have to be 18 or older.

that's the whole story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod