Remember Road Rash?

svenhoek

Rookie
Or twisted Metal? WTF happened to vehicular combat games? Sure TM3-4 blew but Black was good, and so was the one on the PSP.

And WTF happened to Road Rash? RR64 was one of the most fun multiplayer games i have played, and the series just fucking disappeared after it. Bring back vehicular combat games dammit! TM and RR would be a blast on Live! What do you think?

I used to play road rash at my friends house all the time, it was the friggin bomb. I have almost all of the twisted metals (number 2 is the best). Also, there was vigilante 8, which was very much like twisted metal.

Vigilante was the shiz too. Wasnt that made by the people that made TM1-2? Then 989 made 3-4, and now its back to the original guys which is why it got better with Black and WT. Anyone know that companies name?

And bonus points for using the phrase "the bomb"

According to my copy of Twisted Metal 2, it was made by 989 Studios, published by Sony.

Road Rash was, "The Bomb" though. My dad used to take me over to my uncle's and they would play that on Genesis. One of my earliest gaming memories.

Boringman54 said:
I used to love Vigilante 8 on the N64. I wish I could find it somewhere or get it to come on VC.
aw that game was the best!
but I heard that there MIGHT be another road rage. keyword: MIGHT. I read it in some magazine I don't remember.

vigilante 8 was a blast, but it was over shadowed by road rash.. something about riding up beside an opponent, and shoving a tire iron into his spokes and watching him fly off, all the better if he's controlled by the guy next to you

Icepick said:
vigilante 8 was a blast, but it was over shadowed by road rash.. something about riding up beside an opponent, and shoving a tire iron into his spokes and watching him fly off, all the better if he's controlled by the guy next to you

Favorite part of that game lol. I did that to my friend once and he flew off his bike and pancaked into a billboard about 100yards up the road. Took us forever to stop laughing from that.

BTW the original company that made TM1 and 2 was called Singletrac. They gave Twisted Metal over to 989 and then most of the employees from Singletrac moved onto Incognito, who got the series back for Black. What you saw on the case was probably after Sony got the exclusive rights and Singletrac was out of the picture.

Oh the days of road rash...awesome game, it might come out for virtual console. Cattle prodding a friend at the start of a race was always a fun way to start the saturday.

Road Rash for Genesis was great...I got agitated after a while because I'd get a chain (2-3 hits to knock someone off.) and my friend would get the iron pipe which just, should have killed me considering how much impact I took.

Vigilante 8 was probably one of the better games of the genre that I played...Twisted Metal wasn't bad either. I think the whole control scheme and concept needs to be reworked to an extent though since the formula is bound to repeat itself each game unless some changes are made, be it to the system itself or creative interaction with maps and such. Now? I think those games were more like the starting foundation to games that now incorporate vehicular combat such as Unreal and Battlefield. Sort of like asking yourself, "Well, I can have a game with cars...or a game with ground combat including cars, tanks, and air combat as well as sea.." What do you take? It's just been built off of so much that the original concept is dull.

I was a big fan of Twisted Metal 1 & 2 game. Def my most played games while I owned a PSX. However we never got 3 & 4 in PAL from memory...and BLACK was butchered. They removed all cutscenes and story because of 9/11 (yet left in the level on a skyscraper with a crashed plane) and I've never played a game in the series since.

My friend and I used to play Twisted Metal 2 quite a bit.
We would put in the code that made your car invisible, drive through some fire, and your invisible car would catch fire, so to the other person all it looked like was a moving ball of fire.

Flaming car of death.

We still say that phrase every now and then...

Twisted Metal was amazing. I always loved blowing things up!

Road Rash was amazing. It was my favorite Genesis game (with sonic close behind). I also remember it was the first time I called my step-dad a bastard. I was about 8 or 9, we were playing it and he was winning. So I called him a bastard.

Boringman54 said:
I used to love Vigilante 8 on the N64. I wish I could find it somewhere or get it to come on VC.

its really easy to find for the dc or psone, it always seems n64 games are harder to find, atleast in my experience, i have second offence for the psone i think as well

I remember liking Vigilante 8 on N64 better because it had co-op and the PS version didn't. Or something like that.

Word on the street is, there are new iterations of Twisted Metal and Road Rash in the works. No telling if they'll be any good, but I'll hold out hope.

used44 said:
I remember liking Vigilante 8 on N64 better because it had co-op and the PS version didn't. Or something like that.
I only played it on the PS and it most certainly had co-op.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod