Random Site Redirects

schimmel

Rookie
So I don't know how many other people are experiencing this but every now and then the site will redirect me to an anti malware site. At first I thought it was just my computer being weird as it usually is but then it just redirected me to an anti malware site on my iPod touch, so I think it might be the site it's self. It's not frequent but often enough for me to notice and get annoyed at it.

So what's going on with this? And has anyone else experienced it?

I've gotten it a bit on my iphone. Not on my computer because I've got Chrome Adblock installed, but maybe once a week or so on my phone.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
best part is that it installs the malware on to your computer.
Yeah I had it a couple times, It actually lead to a trojan virus. (This was when I was using internet explorer, it hasn't happened to me yet when using mozilla firefox)

While I agree that people should install AdBlock this is more serious than a pop up ad if it's directing people to a trojan so it does need to be dealt with.

Sam

Yes, It happened to me every time I used internet explorer (I don't use it no more, thankfully it hasn't happened yet) but here's what it looks like after you "tried" exiting out of the ad
your-computer-is-infected-popup.gif

There would would be a shield icon that wouldn't go away and would eventually become a trojan.

I also found the image below from google that looks pretty similar to what I was seeing
00119922.scanning.jpg

Again I was using Internet Explorer, and thankfully to Mozilla Firefox and McAfee sercurity, I don't receive these problems anymore

i'll bring this to their attention immediately. i havent seen it myself, so any additional info would help:

- address of the malware site
- a description of the ad
- the name of the malware

sorry!!!!!!

they're looking into it. and they asked for:

The following would also be extremely helpful:

1. What countries/cities are the problem being seem from?
2. Specific dates and times on when the attacks occurred?
3. General description of the ads appearing on the page when the attacks occurred? Are screen shot or firebug captures available?
4. What specific section/zone of the site where the users visiting when they saw the problems?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod