Question on user reviews

I have noticed that a few of the user reviews can use images and the like when they post reviews. Out of curiosity, how do you post reviews with images? Do we post a link while we write it or no?

Good question. To post an image you have to host it somewhere, then use an html tag to bring the image into your reader review.

Before you get to posting pictures all over our site, though, there are some things you should consider: Size, Suitability, and the Severity of your punishment should you post anything inappropriate.

Let's say you're reviewing Half-Life 2, and trying to post a gigantic image of your grandmother lighting herself on fire somewhere within the text. If the picture is gigantic, it's too big. You should resize it down to 300 by 225 at the largest, and make it a jpg image of no more than 25 kb. That way you won't clutter up our site or stall people with slow connections.

Unless your grandmother and flames have something to do with a point you're making about Half-Life 2's graphics or gameplay, please don't put her on our site. This is *not* my space - personal or random images are not suitable for reader reviews.

Still, posting your grandmother's last moments isn't something we'll get super severe about. There are things, like naked people, orgies, bukake, animal cruelty, fisting, dog fart, bad words and links to sites dealing with all of the above and worse, that will make us really butt hurt if you put them in your reader review. You will never be welcome again, and we'll stop allowing people to post images.

theres an easier way now, if we have screenshots for that game.

if you go to our screenshots pages now and enlarge them, you'll see theres some html code at the bottom that you can cut and paste into your gr review, blog, myspace page, homepage or anywhere you like (that allows html) and it will add game screenshots automatically.

d

Game Revolution and MySpace are going to team up in 06.

Instead of Tom being your instant freind, its gonna be dUKE. Woot!

dUKE said:
theres an easier way now, if we have screenshots for that game.

if you go to our screenshots pages now and enlarge them, you'll see theres some html code at the bottom that you can cut and paste into your gr review, blog, myspace page, homepage or anywhere you like (that allows html) and it will add game screenshots automatically.

d

Cool. I'm going to do that in my next review!

And I know just the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, you don't have any screenshots for C&C Generals: Zero Hour here.

what ben is slyly referring to is that tom amderson, founder of myspace and your instant friend, used to be one of our reviewers when he was in grad school. now he can buy and sell our asses.

small world eh? tom is a real nice guy, by the way.

How do you become a professional reviewer or contributing author for your site here? I was always curious as how that would work, because I review movies for my school paper and games on 4 different websites (including here)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod