Public service announcement about skipDR

FrozenBacon

Veteran
This thing is so awesome I just had to make a topic about it.

Earlier today I just started Fable II. I got to the part where my hero finally grew up and just got my weapons. I was playing fetch with my dog when someone knocked on my door. I got up and since the 360 was laying on the floor, I kicked it and the thing fell over on its side. Went back to play the game only to discover it was froze. I inspected the disc and there was a big ass circular scratch on it and the 360 wouldn't recognized the disc anymore. I was heartbroken. An awesome game I just dropped $60 on and didn't even finish yet, ruined. I tried using toothpaste to get the scratch out when I stuck the newly
"repaired" disc in my 360 the 360 came up with a message basically telling me t stop being a cheapass and go out and buy some real scratch removal stuff. So I ran (literally) to the video store up the street and brought the cheapest they had because, well... I'm a cheapass. The conversation I had with the chick there about this was pretty funny but I wont tell it to prevent this story from being unnecessarily long. Well... at least moreso than it already is, at least.

Actually, speaking of that... let just make this long story short and just say I ended up in a radio shack talking to another cute store clerk (I fucking love hawaii... only place you would find cute females working at the geek stores) at radioshack and buying this $50 skipdr. Came back home, stuck the disc in it, 1 min later the disc came out looking like complete shit but the 360 recognized it and I popped a boner.

Moral of the story? Buy skipDr and you could kick your 360 over all you want. Srsly, buy this shit, its awesome.

The local game store nearest to me have a disc cleaning system that I use if I ever have a scratch. And the people there know me well enough to do it for free every time (probably because while they're cleaning it I'm usually browsing through and purchasing games).

Glad to hear your success story though. Moved to Gen Gaming.

Yeah, it's funny how a doctored disc looks way way worse than a new disc. You would think that any resurfacing would make it shiny and smooth but instead it makes it blurry and scratchy looking.

Yeah, every single scratch that was on the disc is still there with the addition to new lines that look like someone slapped the disc with a dick wrapped in sandpaper. But hey, it works. This thing makes turd but its a golden turd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle