Prostitutes Call for ban on GTA

With all the media attention the GTA series has gotten, one would think the game consists entirely of having sex with prostitutes, running them, over, and taking their money.

So...what they're saying is...is that, if a child plays GTA, they will become brainwashed and rape/murder a prostitute? And isn't prostitution illegal, anyways?

typewriter said:
So...what they're saying is...is that, if a child plays GTA, they will become brainwashed and rape/murder a prostitute? And isn't prostitution illegal, anyways?

Actually prostitution is legal in Las Vegas.

They have sex ranches. (You have to get a license I think though)

then how many of those kids after playing will go and do something directly related?

average is 1:10000 last time I checked. Most kids by the age of ten can differeniate between fictional relationships and reality.

Hellfire1014 said:
The real question here is, which would you rather have your kids playing with? GTA or Prostitutes?
How likely is it someone underage (I'm thinking in the 10-15 range) is going to have sex with a prostitute?
Now how likely is it someone in that same age group will play GTA:SA?

^^thought that ever since hot coffee..so funny if they didnt make a big deal out of it so many young minds would be, as they call it "unnaffected"

eh, ya can say violent video games are harmless all you want but ive personally noticed them affecting my mind. in a game, especially one with free roaming and guns, the player is in control of everything and after long-term gaming, it can get to his head.

i now hate being forced to do anything at all and cant stand abiding by rules of any sort. ive stopped trying to ignore and have accepted the more frequent violent thoughts going through my mind. most of them involving senseless killing with guns. however i dont think GTA should be getting all the attention, other games are just as dangerous... during my counterstrike days id often imagine holding a gun in crowded spots and racking up tons of kills (but im sure most of you have as well :p) and violent movies hold much responsibility as well. lately ive just been feeling like charles whitman. would things be different had i never touched a violent video game? most definitely. i think id have much better control over negative feelings and find other productive, reasonable ways to deal with them.

of course it may affect how you see things krows. after bouts of GTA3, everytime i saw a single prop plane overhead, i imagined shooting it with a rocket launcher. but both i and you (i assume) have both the common sence and intelligence to not commit such an act. some kids are, for lack of a better word, dumb. as are thier parents if the kid is under 17 playing a M rated game. im sure there are plenty of 13 year olds who are perfectly capable of killing people in a game, but having the smarts to know its only a game and keep it that way. but its that small percentile that cant tell that ruins it for everyone else. IMO, M games should be raised to an 18 year old limit, and hefty fines levied on retailers who sell M rated games to kids and also on parents who allow it. parents would also take partial responsibilty legally if thier kid commits an illegal act that can directly linked to a game they played that was over thier age limit.

Dark_Legacy said:
then how many of those kids after playing will go and do something directly related?

average is 1:10000 last time I checked. Most kids by the age of ten can differeniate between fictional relationships and reality.

Age ten. Perhaps not right and wrong, but they still know what is real, and what is pretend.

Funny how they call for a ban on a game when such issues existed two games prior to this one several years ago. Hoo-ray for wandbagons!

used44 said:
Gotta love when prostitutes come together on an issue.

I need to get my mind out of the gutter. :/

I was soo close to making that joke when I wrote that, but took the high road. Good job catching that, though.

Yeah totally i mean it's just getting ridiculas i mean im not a fan of GTA or anything but this is starting to get ridiculas. It's like no one knows the difference between reality and fantasy. Seriously do you honestly think anyone is gonna dress in a plummer outfit and jump on mushrooms screaming it's a me Mario. I dont think so. I mean if you ban this why not ban. The Sopranos on t.v or Desperate Housewives or something since those shows are not to pure as well. Such contridictions on everyones part.

segageek said:
Yeah totally i mean it's just getting ridiculas i mean im not a fan of GTA or anything but this is starting to get ridiculas. It's like no one knows the difference between reality and fantasy. Seriously do you honestly think anyone is gonna dress in a plummer outfit and jump on mushrooms screaming it's a me Mario. I dont think so.
there was a comedian who talked about that. When was the last time anyone got possesed by super mario brothers.
The suspect was last seen jumping on peoples heads and coins would pop out of their ass.

Also many of the people who are against video games have never played them. And if they are going to judge us by a small percentage, why dont we do the same. some of the people againt Video games are in the KKK. So if you dislike video games you are a racial supremacist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod