Pro-Vax vs Anti-Vax

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
This seems to be one of the major arguments around the world right now. Different countries handle it in different ways. America seems to be leaving it up to state governments for the time being while I think Australia is denying welfare benefits to parents unless their child or children has been vaccinated.

I myself have no kids, but if I did, I would have them vaccinated. I'm no expert and don't claim to know all sides from both points of view. I'm even good friends with some anti-vaxers. But based on the evidence presented to me and the spike in measles cases we've been having, I say just give the kids the shots. There's just no true link to autism from my understanding and any risks are outweighed by the benefits.

But again, I have no kids. In my 12+ years posting here at GR, I know other fellow posters have grown up and had kids of their own, or joined up already parents. What did you do? Why? Do you think you made the right choice? If you're not yet a parent, what will you do? Do you wish your parents had chosen differently? What's this issue like in your home country?

What's your opinion, GR?

If you're against vaccinations, why even leave your house? There's bad people out there. Why drive a car? You could have an accident. Why eat? You could catch something.

You see where I'm going with this.

Paradox said:
This seems to be one of the major arguments around the world right now.

Is it really though? There are people in the know, and people who want to be comforted by rhetoric.

Vaccinate your fucking kids.
No debate. No discussion.

UrbanMasque said:
Vaccinate your fucking kids.
No debate. No discussion.

I know right? It should be so simple. But there's people out there who'd rather listen to discredited scientists and know-nothing celebrities rather than credible science. Or, they're just young millennials who "aren't going to confrom with society, man".

My friend growing up was hospitalized for over a year from a bad case of the whooping cough. The mother was antivax and boy does my friend still resent her mother for not making better decisions for their family.

De-Ting said:
why even leave your house? There's bad people out there. Why drive a car?

I definitely would not leave my house if I did not need A. Resources and B. Money to exchange for said resources. Driving a car is one of the worst parts of my day now that I live in a city.

I would walk but a pedestrian just last month was struck and seriously wounded in the crossfire of a nearby gunfight just a couple streets down from me. A building I would be walking by. Ever heard of ferguson? We have not only out of control people in the protesters but we also have out of control police.

It is a crazy world just outside my door.

Vax your kids it is a good idea.

Sourdeez said:
My friend growing up was hospitalized for over a year from a bad case of the whooping cough.

I know Australia has been dealing with an epidemic of sorts due to a whooping cough outbreak.

You'd think that if you were that worried about your child's future health and well being, you'd do any and all possible research on the subject, all sides, not just the one you were already leaning. After thorough and unbiased research, you still decided to not vaccinate, well, so be it.

But remember, if your child catches measles, whooping cough, or polio, it's not as simple to deal with as just changing your stance.

Yup, Australia did have a bit of an issue there with whooping cough, because parents refused to vaccinate their children.

My vote - vaccinate your bloody kids.

Yeah, there is no debate. Vaccinate your kids/yourself or throw yourself down a well.

Jokes on you I like wells.

There is a girl at work that is super anti and she goes around and tries to be vocal about it. I figure having her at work has accomplished a lot of good since more people are educating themselves and have formed strong pro stances with facts.

WickedLiquid said:
I am anti-vax simply because jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

5444881+_322f073093aa6fbadafbc5dcb810c595.gif

I get the satire.. but, that statement is true.

Also, please keep in mind that CHINESE buildings recently withstood a blast equivalent to a low grade nuke detonation. Chinese buildings! And Building 7 collapsed due to "office fires", not even jet fuel..

Carry-on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod