Post Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekkie7

Rookie
Sorry to bring the old topic back up but it's a bit hard to ignore the amount of months that have gone by and I'm still lacking some 12,000 posts I had before the boards got switched over. I see Chris/NES has had his returned...ever that or he's been posting like crazy.

Looking down the list of people with high postcounts in desending order its quite obvious how many people are missing from the top list...it's quite sad really.

NesMan never got them returned, nor was posting like crazy. Some people, for a reason unbeknownst to me, got their counts back when they registered. I don't know if it's some glitch, or has something to do with when they registered to the new boards, or some other oddity.

However, when the time does come (and it should) that the post counts can be given back, it'll be me doing it, so bothering the GMs with this is kinda useless. And it'll probably take awhile as I'll have to do each user individually, look back on the old boards for the posts, and add it to their current counts. My math is bad. :)

And, of course, people like NesMan won't have both counts added together, that's just cheating!

trust_no_one said:
...bothering the GMs with this is kinda useless.

tnoisagm7as.jpg

:wink:

I don't even know what happened. I logged on one day under Chris_Hyde and it said i registered that day and i had all my posts accounted for. I then got my name changed to TheNesMan, which some how made another Chris_Hyde account, i'm so confused :(.

Well the last I had heard was that dUKE was on it. It's not about putting all your resources into something trivial but putting some resources into something you said would be done. I was just looking for an update that's all....and Nes didn't have his postcount when he signed up to these boards, as he did them around the same time as me and remember him asking dUKE for them to return....but they came back as some kind of board error? Well that's a lucky break.

It's my understanding a system was in place to make the transfer of accounts from the old database to the new database as seamless as possible, including transferring post counts; however, that obviously didn't work quite right, as many people's post counts were not migrated along with their user names and passwords.

The part that really made me confused was..
I then got my name changed to TheNesMan, which some how made another Chris_Hyde account, i'm so confused Sad.
:?: :? :cry: :?:

Well the most important thing is I got mine back. Now you all should stop yer messin' and belly-achin' about post counts, cause honestly, I've been here for six years, and only have roughly 1500 posts.

Six years.

That's less than one a day. That also means I got a life somewhere. That also means I don't care about post counts. I'm just happy I got to see myself as a turtle. You should be happy you got to see yourself as whatever you were. We should all be happy and move on with our lives.

POST COUNT DOES NOT EQUAL THE ANSWER TO LIFE. Keep looking my friend! ;)

masterchris said:

It's amazing, the times I'm recognized as a GM, or just a power hungry mod. It just depends on the situation, I guess. When I'm needed for something, I'm a GM and have to be here all the time, ready to act on the whim of a mod. Otherwise, I'm seen as some poor-ass excuse for a mod who has no life. Hooray!

As for the posts, I talked with dUKE, he said he spoke with his guy. This was two days ago. It's coming. Be patient. I'll let you know when the posts will be coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod