Phrases you hate.

GRColin

Rookie
Lately I'm hearing a lot of dumb phrases or expressions that just grind my gears. Here's just a couple of them:

"Don't be that guy."
"That's boss."
"I'm not that guy."
"Horribad"

I completely hate the word "chill" when there's no refrigerator or ice involved.

I also hate the phrase "touch base" and other similar businessperson talk.

Woo, starting the new year with hate!

"Grind my gears."

unrelated, but if you drink this stuff you're probably a dick
2q3t9hf.jpg

Yeah because you know, I didn't just put "grind my gears" in there as a FG reference.

"That's ace" is another one.

Saying "I think we should" when meaning "I think you should". Or "Let's just" when you mean "You just". I don't need to be patronized when I'm already being told what to do.

"That's ace" was cool back when MattAY was the only one around here saying it.

The one I really hate (and was said quite a bit back in the 2008 elections): "I'm just sayin'".
I also hate the word "terrorist" seeing as it's entirely subjective. I also hate people who are so quick to brand someone who doesn't like a country (in my case the US) a terrorist.

And I agree with Chris, anyone who drinks 5 hour energy has to be an asshole

when the words "dank", "creeper" and "sketch" are incorporated into a sentence.

Obnoxious South Park quoting, such as:
"Respect meh authoritah!!"
"Dey durk our jeeerrrbbs!!"
etc.

JohnnyDeep_ said:
"Dey durk our jeeerrrbbs!!".
"They tuk yur jahhhb!"
"Durka durrr!"

Sorry, I just had to.

I forgot to post it above but I hate the phrase "in God we trust" being printed all over my money. It has no place there

Confuzzle. Honestly, come on.

And quoting any show excessively out of context is annoying, even if it is the brainchild of geniuses.

Rakon said:
And quoting any show excessively out of context is annoying, even if it is the brainchild of geniuses.
So my vast variety of quotes wouldn't annoy you? You're talking about situations like Narutards always saying "believe it," right?

schimmel said:

What about the hardcore nerds who need to stay up another 5 hours to get their Dragon Age character up another level?

Also;
Chillax pisses me off to no end.

madster111 said:
schimmel said:

What about the hardcore nerds who need to stay up another 5 hours to get their Dragon Age character up another level?

mountain-dew.jpg

There's your answer!

Or if you must...
prod_lime.jpg

(the green one tastes like green flavored popsicle with bubbles)

Just about everything said in this thread.

Hell, just about anything ever. People need to shut up. Goddamn.

Also, just about anything that became highly used due to MTV, Family Guy, Rap, or old internet stuff.

"you know what i'm saying"
"you feel me"

also all the others listed in this thread. god damn, human beings really are ignorant dumb shit heads. why couldn't i've of been a mute deaf person? be so much happier.

when someone responds "irregardless" ....

or when flame raging hizmos yell out OWNED PWNED NOOB SCRUB ROLL ON THE FLOOR CHOPPERS .... in the REAL world! It's bad enough when I'm trying to play MWF2 and the 12 year old thinks calling me a noob gets to me ... because I feel sad that my kids will have to grow up into that garbage.

went to see zombieland the other weekend and every single god damn time someone got shot the fucktards behind me were yelling out HOLY PWNED!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod