People suck

-FCM-

Rookie
Kerrigan won best villain of all time on Gamespot, which reminds me that people who vote in these things have a memory span of two months or so.

I put this here because this is a topic about people sucking, not about videogames. The subject is my thesis and the message body is my supporting evidence.

You act like we should expect much better from Gamespot. Half the people there just started playing last year, and like whoever they tell you to.

It wasn't Gamespot.

It was Gamespot UK.

Remember, the biggest villain in the UK is Simon Cowell. This has skewed their concept of reality.

Well... then who do you think should be the greatest villain?

...If anyone says bowser, i'll slap him.

Sephiroth?
Gannondorf?
Pyramid Head?
Albert Wesker?
M. Bison?
Or any one of the awesome villains from MGS 1 - 3?

Basically, the greatest villain has to be someone every gamer can recognize, even if they haven't played the game he's from. So yes, even Bowser.

Donkey Kong or the troop of ghosts from Pac-Man.

People do indeed suck. Especially people who try and encroach on your already limited personal space in a plane seat.

Did you see that travesty of a poll?

first of, it had DARTH VADER, SHREDDER, DRACULA , and THE JOKER as villains in the game. Ok they are good villains, but WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY IN A VIDEO GAME POLL. They may be video game villains, but they are not fucking game characters, so they should be excluded. What makes it worse is that The Joker and Vader both made the final four, and Kerrigan beat Vader in the finals.

Second off, some characters are technically not villains, like Akuma, Lan Di, Sweet Tooth, Carmen Sandiego, and Andrew Ryan, who are technically not villains, but more so shades of gray anti-heroes.

So I just filled up nine spots in this showdown without even trying.

There is also a bias on the selections, mostly from PC games, adventure games, (Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert games primarily.) I like Tim Schafer, but General Lionwhyte and Adrian Ripburger are really odd choices.

So yeah, the showdown is shit, so ignore it.

LinksOcarina said:
So yeah, the showdown is s***, so ignore it.
Hence this topic on why we hate people in general...

Now, i'm not defending this idiotic/crappy/S***ty poll but i do will admit Kerrigan is a great villain... just certainly not the best.
That spot is reserve for Malcom the jester from Legend of kyrandia!... anyone remember him? hey?...anyone? man i'm old... :(

Dracula????

Are you sure this isn't a poll for best villains of breakfast cereal?
countchoculaboxold.jpg

or best villains of children TV?
thecounta.jpg

or best villains of SCTV?
countfloyd.jpg

madster111 said:
De-Ting said:
I thought everyone agreed that GLaDOS was the best.
Not really a villain.
Very much a villain. She tries serving you as the cake to your own party. Even though she gets all happy after you blow her up, she was still a villain.

And Andrew Ryan just wanted to build an utopia but became insane with fontaine army on one side and Atlas on the other seeking to destroy him. Yet you all be hatin' him!

Leave Andrew Ryan alone!

used44 said:
Her intentions were pure, though. She just wanted to do some science.
Her intentions may have been pure, but her methods were not. Like they say, the road to hell is paved with mimes and good intentions.

What really pissed me off is that they had Darth Vader, but not Darth Treya, who is the greatest villain ever. Ever. EVER.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod