Forum Moderator
Staff member
PC, PS3, 360

standard_dead-island-packshot-xbox360-2d-pegi.jpg

Release Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u6zxOWbRGM

RELEASE DATES:

NTSC - 6th Sept 2011
PAL - 9th Sept 2011

Anyone got this yet? It seems like a co-op game more than single player (a la Left 4 Dead), and since I'm more of a single player kinda guy, I was wondering if anyone has the experience of the single gameplay yet? And if so - tell me about it my friends! :)

Green_Lantern said:
After the clusterfuck of a release on PC, I'm waiting till it hits 15 or so.

This.

From what I've read it's a L4d copy with less fun and more bugs. And a buddy of mine says it suffers from consolitis, specifically 360istis; DX9, bad graphics, bad controls. Meh.

Hurry up BF3?

The initial trailer looked really good. I wanted to get this. The more I saw, the more I grew disappointed. The L4D comparison has been thrown around a lot, and honestly, that is what this game strikes me as.

I'm sending Portal 2 back to GF today, I've got Dead Island on top of my queue, hoping they send it, then I'll let my thoughts be known.

Is it 1st person just like L4D or 3rd person? Because I don't like 1st person shooters which means I fall into the 1% of gamers who doesn't own black ops.

How does this differ in any way from Left 4 Dead? I haven't read any previews.

Green_Lantern said:
It actually sounds more like a Borderlands with zombies than L4D.

Because it's open world? Or it has weapon/player progression? I'm just trying to figure out the hook without looking at a preview.

I just got Dead Island today, and will be running through it. Frankly I love the premise of the game, lets see if my $64 wasn't put to waste. As always, I'll be looking to review it once I feel it like it. Since a lot of y'all wanna know how the game is, I may look more into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod