Opinions on the new Riddick game?

JCvgluvr

Rookie
So, how does everyone feel about The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena? For now, only the demo is out, but that's good enough until the final product hits the market (which will be soon, being this April). I've never played the first game on the Xbox, but I've heard nothing but glowing praise for it.

As for my feelings of the demo, they're good, but decidedly mixed. Things like Drone commandeering and shooting out lights felt unique and somewhat refreshing to the typical action in most FPSs. However, I replayed the demo today planning to use stealth primarily. I also changed the difficulty to hard. While I continued to enjoy hiding like a predator in the shadows, I did not like how difficult and lengthy it was to successfully hide. The ladder section of the demo was particularly torturous. I spent almost an hour there. I'd shoot out both lights, then sneak up the ladder when the flashlight would move out of the way. As soon as I'd get up there, the guard on the other side would instantly see me, though I'm seemingly out of range of his light, and he'd start shooting. This would alert the closer guard, and they'd both proceed to smite me.

So after dozens of tries, I tried a more blunt approach. I'd simply stand in the middle of the room, in front of the ladder, and wait for the guard to come closer. Then I'd just blast him with the Assault Rifle, and he'd go down with little to no trouble, as would his friend.

What?!

I thought stealth was a viable option? Oh well. As frustrating as that was, I'm starting to feel obsessed with this game, and it isn't even out yet! What's more, I don't ever play stealth games! Just what is it about this game, anyway?

I used to obsessively try to finish Splinter Cell levels on high difficulties using only stealth too.

If this game can invoke something like that, and at the same time bring an enjoyable run and gun FPS, then I might be forced to try it.

I'll get the demo.

Doesn't the game come with a basically updated version of Butcher Bay? That actually makes me want to buy it because I didn't have an Xbox, so getting to play that which I've heard good things about is tempting, even if I didn't have actual fun when playing the demo.

Ooh, that is cool. I do have an Xbox yet I somehow missed out on Butcher Bay too.

The game does come with an updated (both graphically and new AI patterns) version of Butcher Bay, and Dark Athena is promised to be just a tiny bit longer than it. And then, of course, comes multiplayer, which at least seems to be somewhat unique.

I was sold when I heard they were remaking Butcher Bay. When I heard it would have an entire new game tacked on? YAY YAY YAY! Combined with the news of the new Riddick film in the works this is just too much to handle.

Yeah, I am looking forward to this. Butcher Bay was fun as hell, I kind of hope they stick to the same formula...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod