Online Petition for R(18+) Games rating for Aus

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by FatTonyAUS, Jul 10, 2008.

1. FatTonyAUS

FatTonyAUS Rookie

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Enjoy not playing Fallout 3.

Just kidding, I'll sign. Seems silly that the games ratings end at 15 yrs old in AUS.

3. kapow

kapow Regular

^haha thats what i thought first too, no fallout would suck

4. FatTonyAUS

FatTonyAUS Rookie

its so stupid, and embarrising, that aus is so far behind on game ratings. hopfully this new up roar will cause them to vote on changing the rating laws. if not we'll prob just get a cut down version of fallout, which would suck.

5. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I hear the main reason for the banning is Fallout 3's realistic depiction of drugs in the form of powerups. They appear as syringes, bottles of pills, powders, etc. If that's all that was editted out of F3, it wouldn't be too bad for you. They could just look like boxes or something.

6. lokness

lokness Rookie

It's because the games are still seen at 'toys'. It's fine for a movie to depict drugs, violence and all that jazz and receive an R18+ rating, but when a game features the same nature, it immediately refuses classification. Why is it OK for films and not games? Screw you!

7. madster111

madster111 Rookie

It's funny how that works..
    Like to see Rudd play Mass Effect & Bioshock and not be emotionally effected by them.

Oh, and i HIGHLY, sorry.. INCREDIBLY HIGHLY doubt that our stupid rating system will stop Aussie gamers from obtaining a copy of F3.

8. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

I'd sign, but it requires you to actually live in Australia. As I am currently living in New Zealand (nevermind the fact that I've never been to Australia), this kinda stops me.

But seriously, If they had a R18 rating for games, then they wouldn't have needed the 'toned down' GTA4 that New Zealand also got saddled with, despite us already having a R18 rating for games.

They're bringing down the curve.

9. lokness

lokness Rookie

Hell, this stupid law never stopped me from getting Manhunt 2. Us gamers are a serious bunch!

10. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

It's signed man. Sorry to hear you guys don't get any games that are rated "M" for the most part up here. Hopefully that petition will change that.