Old school VG commercials were the best.

AHahahah Yeah, everything 'video games' was more creative back when.

Super Mario Bros. 3 commercial for the NES
Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario!

Insta-classic

That first guy was like the Tom Cruise of gaming! Best Hair Ever.
But at the time all I could think was LIES! LIES! THIS MAN DOESN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES!! AND NEITHER DO THESE GIRLS! ALL LIES! AND IS THAT A MOTHER DRESSED IN BLACK!? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!
LIES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnrKZPU37o Mario doing the Robot, or maybe not! I dunno :lol:
Super Mario World Japanese commercial

Their's a Japanese Legend of Zelda commerical with the cast of the game dancing I posted in the Nintendo board a year ago, I'll see if I can find it on YouTube.

EDIT: Found it! :D

Legend of Zelda

Seriously....I wonder if this TV commercial did ANYTHING in the hope of getting kids interested in the game....

"The nintendo entertainment system. Your parents help you hook it up."

whoa, Princess Zelda is pretty cute! Hot cute!

Enigma said:
Seriously....I wonder if this TV commercial did ANYTHING in the hope of getting kids interested in the game....

lol did he just say, "Whoa! Nice Graphic!" ?

Graphic* :lol:
Tighten up the graphic :lol:

Was the game even The Legend of Zelda? I mean, the cartridge wasn't even gold and it had a black sticker where the real Zelda sticker...hmmm, you know what? I think it's best not to sweat the details here. And I'm going to let them slide because it's the Legend of Zelda, which is of course, really rad.

Grey said:
Their's a Japanese Legend of Zelda commerical with the cast of the game dancing I posted in the Nintendo board a year ago, I'll see if I can find it on YouTube.

EDIT: Found it! :D

The game would be better than it already is if it was like that.

What about the GT3 ad where the guy stopped during a race to look at the sunset?

Or the R&C2 ad where the guy shot the gravity ball and caused a large explosion?

Come on, people! The modern-ish ads are good too!

And then there's the Intellivision commercials where their spokesperson, George Plimpton, would show head-to-head comparisons of games on the Intellivision and Atari 2600, and demonstrate how graphically superior and life-like Intellivision was over Atari 2600.
Of course, the football and baseball players in the games were just red and blue blocks formed to look roughly like a human figure, but I guess in 1980 this was something exciting.
;)

Enigma said:
Legend of Zelda

Of course it did... the message is clear: "This game will make cool guys come over to your house to hang out with your dorky self."

Black_Star said:

Yeah, I remember singing this little ditty over and over. Sadly, my mother wasn't buying it :(
"But mooo-om, you can't do this on Nintendo! Genesis does!" :(

jk, i was diehard Nintendo then.

Actually that commercial reminded me a lot of this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlulSyBI2aY
'The Sega Genesis has Blast Processing, the Super Nintendo doesn't.'

Honestly, I'd rather play Super Mario Kart than any of the Genesis games shown :) .
pfft

Long live 16-bit

Optimus_Crime said:
Black_Star said:

Yeah, I remember singing this little ditty over and over. Sadly, my mother wasn't buying it :(
"But mooo-om, you can't do this on Nintendo! Genesis does!" :(

jk, i was diehard Nintendo then.

Actually that commercial reminded me a lot of this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlulSyBI2aY
'The Sega Genesis has Blast Processing, the Super Nintendo doesn't.'

Honestly, I'd rather play Super Mario Kart than any of the Genesis games shown :) .
pfft

Long live 16-bit

What's funny about that is that there's no such thing as blast processing. It was just a marketing term they made up. How exactly saying that your system has something that doesn't exist while the competition doesn't is not false advertising, I dunno.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle