Ok, Who agrees With me on this, please comment

PewterSS

Rookie
Look, I've been looking at this site for about 3 years, I enjoyed going to work, sitting down with a cup of coffee and reading the website. Well once the website got bought out by whoever, It's gone to total shit. I love seeing the same news for a week. It used to be updated dail. WTF! So now I have been forced to switch over to the more complicated IGN. So how about this, Whoever bought the site, Fuck You. And get your shit together as I really don't enjoy you not reviewing games for weeks at a time unless it's a big one, hence you have fable 2 up. Get off your lazy ass and do somthing better with the site. And I'm hoping the people agree with me on this one.

I figure games are getting bigger and are taking longer to review.

So get your act together and start cranking out game reviews, bee-otch.

I do agree that the news section has gone to hell. I preferred the previous newsfeed.

EDIT: Moved to GM, where the guys can respond.

the site was bought by crave, so our news feed was switched away from gamepro's and is now provided by actiontrip.com (also owned by crave).

i agree that it is inferior. not much i can do about that. i can't even add news items to it.

as for the reviews, i find it amazing that two threads in a row are saying opposite things. the last one praised us for being more timely. that's the internet for you. we can only have launch day reviews if we get advance copies, which we try and get as often as we can. i hope you like my fable 2 review, by the way.

if we only get copies on the same day as everyone else, it takes (usually) about a week to play through the game and write up a review.

sorry we'll never be as timely or as complete as ign. they are owned by fox newscorp and have a staff of 200. we have a staff of 3, and we still manage to (mostly) keep up. that actually makes me pretty proud.

I've always loved GR's reviews. I trust it more than anyone else's. And if they review it slightly late, it means they actually put time into the game, which is always a good thing.

As my former topic said, I still think they're publishing reviews much faster than before. Fuck you, PewterSS. You clearly don't know anything. I've been going to this site since about 1998 and it's gotten much better. I don't like the layout as much as the old layout but at the same time the core idea of the site is the same.

I give this site plenty of praise. i check here for reviews first and don't read any other sites.

the only time i have checked other sites was to check too human, a game i was totally phsyched for and turns out it got bad review all across the board anywho.

Most of the reviews are out in timely fashion, and the ones that we have to wait for are games that duke and the staff also had to wait for.
They don't always get a prerelease copy. examples are: anything involving star wars, final fantasy, anything george lucas got his mits on.

EDIT: GR also reviews lesser known games, i would have never known how good Culdcept Saga was had they not reviewed it.

I feel the staffs humor, game and genre choices and reviews accurately reflect how i view the world and video games.

If PewterSS has an issue he can go find some other lame ass site that gets paid off for reviews.

I'm sure that he's ok with that, just as sure as i am he trusts fox news for accurate and up to date information. Oh and he's retarded.

Well remember, he trusts IGN who are owned by newscorp, who also own Fox. Basically IGN is another site owned by Rupert Murdoc

I trust GR's reviews a hell of a lot more than I trust any of the other factory produced praise sheets. The only other reviews I trust are user reviews, of which I usually rely on GameFAQs for, because I don't trust the userbase on GR as far as I can throw them ;)

masterchris said:
I trust GR's reviews a hell of a lot more than I trust any of the other factory produced praise sheets. The only other reviews I trust are user reviews, of which I usually rely on GameFAQs for, because I don't trust the userbase on GR as far as I can throw them ;)

It's hard to when people put an A+ for most things.

As for the site...I feel for you guys on the small staff, but the fact that you have a small staff and still have enough pep to crank out at least 2-3 reviews a week, plus some decent news articles and other content for the webstie, is fantastic.

LinksOcarina said:

That's the thing I like most about GR. As they put it, an A+ (or perfect score) would mean the best game ever. I don't think this could ever be the case (although it can be argued some games deserve it). And also, GR is a tough reviwer, so people may give a mediocre game a 7/10, because they don't wanna be so harsh. I'm not saying being hard is always a good thing, but I definitely (I just realized how many times I say definitely) think that it helps.

Rakon said:
LinksOcarina said:

That's the thing I like most about GR. As they put it, an A+ (or perfect score) would mean the best game ever. I don't think this could ever be the case (although it can be argued some games deserve it). And also, GR is a tough reviwer, so people may give a mediocre game a 7/10, because they don't wanna be so harsh. I'm not saying being hard is always a good thing, but I definitely (I just realized how many times I say definitely) think that it helps.

Well the other motive is that those people who review it give it a 7/10 for dubious reasons, but we don't have to beat that horse any more either.

I do believe this has been addressed at least once.
If I'm not mistaken, what's-his-name with the beer in his hand still has as much to do with the content in the site as when it was first brought online.
(Duke Ferris!?! :D)

Also the reviews are said to be "played in full" before a review is committed. However, a lot of these games seem to be easy enough to complete in a few hours to begin with so I suppose we could see more reviews.

Generally, I prefer the quality versus the quantity that other sites may produce. It's not exactly an equivalent exchange to have more. I'd certainly like to see more daily manifestos appear as that's what initially drew me to signing up for this site rather than just absorbing it's content and being on my merry way. It's currently the only game website I go to regularly but also has one of the least amount of ads (or at least one with more blockable ads)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod