Movin on up!

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
After living in the same house the last 21 years, my family has finally managed to sell it and we're finishing packing tonight.

So what are your best moving tales? Ever move into somewhere terrible? Or somewhere amazing?

Also, since I'm finally going to have good internet, anyone want to have an online blowout?

By blowout you mean blowing each other and sucking out the semen right?

AWKWARD!

Anyway, congratulations! Where you moving to? I need the detailed address please.
Fortunately, I've never moved house when I was at my parents, stayed there for a whopping 21 years. Moving into uni dorms was fun though, instead of the normal itinerary when moving, mine consisted of: xbox 360, mini fridge for beers..........thats it.

I moved in with my gf a few weeks back, and that was different. Realising I had a lot more shit than I thought I did. Also, changing addresses of EVERYTHING is an anus. Plus, I also had to make the decision on what to leave behind console-wise...the PS2 will never be forgotten.

And that, I'm afraid, is my best moving tale.

Moving 3 times in less than 2 years is why i've thrown away roughly 1/2 of my possessions.

So many boxes, so many nightmares

Try looking at "1-800-GO-PENSKE" for 12 hours straight.

Okay, it's not that bad, but we lost our PS2 for well over a year after that move.

I've honestly never moved. I'm twenty six years old and I've lived in the same house I live in my whole life. Born and raised in this town, went to school here, went to college/university here and now I work here.

I'm pretty weird.

It's said that moving is one of the most stressful things in life. It's true, it can get pretty brutal depending on the amount of shit you have to move.

I've moved about 5 times in my life and some have been worse than others. Moving in and out of apartments are way easier than a house with stairs. And rental trucks are a bitch when it comes to hidden fees.

I tied to rent a moving van to transport a couple pieces of furniture. The price said $19.95. But by the time you add the gas, insurance, tax, and a couple dollars per km it was up to $90.

Good luck though, hope it all works out!

Ah yes. Canadian dollaires per km. but be honest think of renting a giant truck for a $20 and the quality of that hypothetical truck. Lesson I learned always have a friend with a pickup and a trailer.

Lived in the same house from 5 to 18. Then I went on my mission and lived out of two suitcases moving from house to house every couple months. I wish moving continued to be that easy.

Moved to college with an Isuzu Rodeo full of my stuff. Two years later I got married and had less stuff. I filled a sleeping bag with clothes and drove to our new apartment.

Our next two moves were in the rain. Each time with a small truck. Moving an apartment full of furniture is a pain and my friends managed to destroy my entertainment system on the second move into our first house. But I paid them in really cheap pizza so...

The last move was more than our accustomed ten minute drive moves. It was across states and required a giant 26' truck. It sucked serious ass. I dislocated my shoulder for the first time in years. The thing was slow and the AC didn't work in the middle of the summer. I was suckered into buying insurance which was a ton. I was so mad at myself. Until the trailer broke off on the way to drop it off and ran into a delivery van. Woohoo. Free pass and the cops didn't cite me.

And I have another move comig up shortly. So, yay?

I never going to help move my sister. It's disgusting. On moving day, I thought she would be ready to move. No, instead her dirty ass clothes are lying everywhere. All her dishes are dirty with maggots. Her whole place smelled like cat piss and I was constantly itching myself there.

Longo, hit me up on PS3. We could do a RDR community playdate again or something.

madster111 said:
Moving 3 times in less than 2 years is why i've thrown away roughly 1/2 of my possessions.

The secret benefit of moving. Getting to hit the reset button on all the shit you've been holding onto that you didn't really need. I love that feeling.

Bretimus_v2 said:
And I have another move comig up shortly. So, yay?

Leaving Omaha?

UghRochester said:
All her dishes are dirty with maggots. Her whole place smelled like cat piss and I was constantly itching myself there.

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

That's not normal...

Moving myself has always been pleasant, but I have sometimes worked extra as a mover and those have always been bad.

Tight alleyways with no place to park and unload. 7 story buildings with no elevators (of course they moved to the top floor) Stairs and doorways so cramped that you need to put all your tetris skill in use when you carry the sofas and other larger furniture. On top of that all, an indecisive client who's not completely sure where everything goes yet.

Longo, get Steam or something so I can actually stal- I mean talk to you.

I moved into my current house when I was 13, it took two trips from Florida to North Carolina. My grandfather stayed with us in North Carolina for the longest time, as he moved along with us, and stayed in our second house that's about 50 feet away. (We own a main house and a secondary house) along with 75 acres.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod