Movin' on out

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Well, I just moved away from home for the first real time. Setting up all my stuff in my new place, which is pretty fucking awesome. I can see the Golden Gate Bridge from my doorstep, and have a huge room to myself. Woo college.

How about you guys? When did you first move away from the family?

I would move away, but I just don't make enough money at the moment to do so. Especially with College being so expensive. I wish though. :(

Nice move.

I first left when I went to uni at 19 years old. It was in halls though, so I probably cant call it officially moving out. I still live with my parents now, and am curently on a house hunt. So I will properly move out soon.

What are you taking at college by the way?

I'm still at home, but i'm joining the RAAF soon and will likely be moved around a bit before i can apply to move to my local base (about 1hrs drive from my house) and move back with my parents until i save up enough money to get myself a decent house or get fed up enough to rent.

Hopefully i get deployed overseas for a while, which has the bonus of increasing your pay to stupid levels at the same time as having few expenses.

Congrats to you both, Longo and Madster. May this first venture into the world prove fun and educational.

First time to move out was my mission. Moved to Provo for a couple of months and then I moved to Baltimore, right next to Pimlico racetrack...both were a big change from home. Man, that was forever ago.

Moved out for the first time in September for my last year of school. I live less than a 2 minute walk from my building, and on top of a pizza place! I don't abuse it that much though. It's an awesome apartment (ask WickedLiquid). We have a gaming nook where I have my SNES, N64 and Gamecube all hooked up, and over top of the TV there's a giant Keanu Reeves poster.

I love my apartment.

MattAY said:
What are you taking at college by the way?
History.

I was going to do Native American studies, but I looked at it and would be doing nothing but that for the next two years. It didn't interest me that much. So I'm going to go for a history major. This semester I'm also going to try and take a class on James Bond/Marvel Comics/Firefly and get school credit for it. :D

UrbanMasque said:
Congrats!
How much is your rent?
&
Do you have a job?
650 a month, and no. My dad is helping me pay for rent and school still, though I am going to his alma mater. So he wants me to focus mostly on school, which I intend to do.

History classes can be pretty fun, just be prepared to read a ton.

I first moved out when I was 18 and heading off to college. And now, thanks in part to college, I'm back living with my dad while I work on paying off my school loans. whoo....

I envy you for the move dude. I have been saving up to get out of here for a few years, but the setback I got from being let go teaching has pretty much neutered that plan for a while longer....

I moved out 3 years ago. The first year was a little rough but once I got my feet on the ground it's been awesome! No more coming home at 3am and trying to be as quiet as possible!

I moved out when I went away to college at 18. That was almost 10 years ago now, and luckily I have been able to make it on my own without having to move back in with my parents

Last year when I moved into college was the first time living away from home that wasn't a vacation. Even though I could go home at anytime I like to think I'm on my own, makes me feel older. First transitioning from home cooked meals to ramon noodles or velvetta mac and cheese was rough at first but now I'm used to eating out of the microwave.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod