Motorola droid is an iphone without the suckage

FrozenBacon

Veteran
Got this phone earlier today and it has already made me jizz in my pants twice. TWICE. If you have a life, get this phone now. You won't need to go home to your computer ever again.

Ok, now start an argument on how smartphones are a useless waste of money.

Bah.

I hate all smart phones.
We used to be able to get 3 days without a charge, and now because of this shit we've stepped back in time and can barely manage a day.

Not having a physical keyboard, having to pay for apps such as navigation, limited software freedom, and having a slightly worse screen all applies to the suckage of the ipod.

Only thing that bums me is that the droid doesn't have multi-touch even though the hardware supports it. It is supposed to be enabled in the next update, though.

madster111 said:
Bah.

I hate all smart phones.
We used to be able to get 3 days without a charge, and now because of this s*** we've stepped back in time and can barely manage a day.

What are you talking about? Before people started buying sidekicks and blackberries, when I had a phone that did little more than allow me to talk and play snake, I had to charge it every day. If I didn't talk on the phone the charge would last more than one day, but what is the point of having a phone if you aren't going to talk on it?

I think the battery life is impressive on these modern phones considering how much you could do with them.

I played with a Motorola Droid in the Verizon store while I was waiting for my Rogue to get fixed. I wanted one so bad after futzing around with it. ;_;

FrozenBacon said:
Not having a physical keyboard, having to pay for apps such as navigation, limited software freedom, and having a slightly worse screen all applies to the suckage of the ipod.

I'm glad the iPhone doesn't have a physical keyboard. I've heard of so many phones breaking with one of those things. As for paying for apps it doesn't bother me - I use our GPS for navigation and there's some really great apps that I completely understand why you'd have to pay for them. What do you mean by limited software freedom?

these smart fones sure are fancy. do they make them where you can put your own ring tones? because, yes, it's worth paying 600 dollars for a phone that could ring the 69 Boyz Tootsee Roll

Cotton candy, sweetie go, let me see that tootsie roll
Oh, that must be my phone again. I sure am popular today ehehhehhehheh B)

do they make phones like that? Lethean? Frozen? Shaft? Mala? ..BBK?

i'm the type who answers 1:30 seconds into the song, so this feature is a must

FrozenBacon said:
What are you talking about? Before people started buying sidekicks and blackberries, when I had a phone that did little more than allow me to talk and play snake, I had to charge it every day. If I didn't talk on the phone the charge would last more than one day, but what is the point of having a phone if you aren't going to talk on it?

I think the battery life is impressive on these modern phones considering how much you could do with them.

I can get a day out of my iPhone if i'm lucky.
My old Motorola V3, with it's old battery, STILL manages over 2 days without a charge.

I could do everything i want a phone to do on it - make a call, text, calculator, voice recorder, camera and alarm clock. I could change my ringtone, and use bluetooth to send pictures to my friends.

If i wanted something with a big screen that could play games and browse the internet, i'd buy a damn netbook.

FrozenBacon said:

Only thing that bums me is that the droid doesn't have multi-touch even though the hardware supports it. It is supposed to be enabled in the next update, though.
Not having a physical keyboard?
Once again, if i wanted a netbook i'd buy a netbook.

Paying for apps such as navigation?
The fuck would i do that?
Google maps are good enough, and if i want to use GPS i grab my $99 GPS unit.

Jailbreak fixes any 'limited software' problems you might have.

my god madster, sure are opionated today, huh? calm down there lil buddy. nerd rage can kill ya know.

anyways, back on subject, i still fail to see the need for these type of cell. seriously, whats wrong with having a plain simple easy to use cell? i must be getting old.

my iphone battery died, so now i gotta get that fix which is ridiculous i think after only 4 months of use.

I have an old nokia that my brother used when he was in the army (its a non camera phone), so we're talking about 2004-2005, and i used it agian when i was in the army (08-09). It has been dropped and kicked around and so beaten up but the thing still works more or less perffectly. God i wish phones were just as durableas that. 5 frekin years!!! and still it works!!

piracer said:
my iphone battery died, so now i gotta get that fix which is ridiculous i think after only 4 months of use.

I have an old nokia that my brother used when he was in the army (its a non camera phone), so we're talking about 2004-2005, and i used it agian when i was in the army (08-09). It has been dropped and kicked around and so beaten up but the thing still works more or less perffectly. God i wish phones were just as durableas that. 5 frekin years!!! and still it works!!
In the same position.

My iPhone is currently dead. Bricked, i think.
Yesterday.
This is my second iPhone 3G in 8 months.

Wanna know the best part?
Although my Motorola V3 still works, the sim card used in my iShit is different than any other sim card, and thus won't work in it.

Pissed off levels today are higher than they've been in the last 2 years.

damn, did u get the apple icare bullshit? I dont really want to but after this incident im thinking i should...

The Blackberry Bold is the greatest phone you can wish to have.

It impeccably pushes all of your emails into one handy folder. It has the greatest keyboard out of any smartphone out there. It has integrated Blackberry Messenger service (BBM) which allows you to chat and trade files with your friends around the world. The screen resolution is the highest of any smartphone out there. You can tether your Blackberry to your laptop and use it as a high speed modem without paying any silly app to do it for you. Although the Blackberry App store is a little sparse, it has all of the essentials you can hope for:news, navigation, pandora etc.

As for gaming on a Blackberry? Well, it doesn't offer much. But then again I can't remember how many times I've downloaded iPhone games and deleted them after having played with them for 6 seconds. This is why I have a DSi.

Also, watching a movie on a blackberry is pretty painful...but then again, it's a cellphone for christ's sake, not a PMP. I only watch sitcoms on my PMP, which happens to be an iPod touch (which, by the way, is awesome as it is super thin, sleek, has a great battery life, and doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't)

Anywhoo, I'm writing way more than I actually care to...the bottomline is, if you want a phone that has superior email capabilities and messaging capabilities, get a blackberry. The rest is superfluous.

(Also, typing on the Droid...terrible!)

-BBK

piracer said:
damn, did u get the apple icare bullshit? I dont really want to but after this incident im thinking i should...
Nope, luckily i'm on a business plan.

Long story short;
My phone breaks - Free new phone.

Yeah, I used to have a blackberry. That is the reason I got this phone, my old one stopped workind properly. I do like the keyboard on the blackberry better, but that is it. App support for the blackberry pales in comparasion to the iphone and droid. The blackberry is really just only/good for email and messasging. I had to scour the internet for hours in order to find n app for anything else.

I was also using my phone to connect to the net on my computer as well, before my laptop died. Awesome thing about it was that my phone was still in my pocket.

And. I wouldnt call typing on the Droid terrible. .. I typed this using the on-screen keyboard and it wasnt bad at all. The phone loves to add periods at random points, though. When you get used to it, it is faster than the keyboard.

I certainly wouldn't cal the Droid terrible either.

Again though, iTunes = the suck. Maybe I'm just retarded but when I synch my iPhone up I can't add songs by selecting folders, just by artists, genres, recently purchased etc. Oh and the pictures I synch up, for some reason once they're on my iPhone I can't delete them from the iPhone. Am I doing something wrong?

malakian said:
what suckage?
Pretentious userbase.

Really, though, I prefer to have several gadgets working independently of each other so in the inevitable event of a failure or battery death I can just disregard it and continue using the rest. But that's just me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod