Most violent game of all time?

Well the Manhunt games are violent.
But I still think that Postal 2 has the record of being THE most violent one.

And what is the point of cheering a game for its violence?

Manhunt 1 (Haven't played the sequal) was fun in the terms that it had some gameplay, it wasn't all about the violence.

Postal 2 was even more fun because it gave you the options of going all nuts and using cats as silencer for a shotgun.

Soldier of Fortune the first one, had plenty of violence too as I recall, a decent shotgun shot in someones face easily blew half of it away.

Resident Evil 4, or maybe Shadow of Rome. Beating someone up with his/her own arms and friend's head can be pretty violent.

Yeah I'd have to agree with Manhunt.

Rockstar pussied out on Manhunt 2 and toned down violence. They were worried it would get slapped with an AO rating which would affect the sales greatly. AO games aren't sold in many stores such as Wal-Mart.

solis said:
mortal kombat,gta san andres,man hunt but a game whit out violence is not a game
Now it's like you're insulting Tetris. It has no blood, no violence and it's still an amazing game.
I have to agree with Manhunt. Killer7 and No More Heroes are both bloody.

No more heroes is probably the bloodiest game ever made, but it's not really violent. It just has lots of blood. Lots of it. And coins!

There's this unreleased game for the Playstation One: Thrill Kill. It's supposed to be THE violent game. Premise: psychos are tossed into an arena in Hell; the winner is reincarnated. It was cancelled! EA said it was too gory, and that it would taint their image... Not my sort of game anyways.

Still agree with Tylzen on Postal's record in gratuitous violence.

Warhammer 40k Dawn of war.

Men getting ripped in half, fields soaked red with blood, orks getting their backs snapped by a dreadnought, flames shot threw them and then thrown into other baddies, faces getting smashed by axes, swords, chainsaw swords, big ass hammers, katanas, jackhammers?

DoW all the way.

I mean come on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFkFo5SBx-g

kverduga said:
There's this unreleased game for the Playstation One: Thrill Kill. It's supposed to be THE violent game. Premise: psychos are tossed into an arena in Hell; the winner is reincarnated. It was cancelled! EA said it was too gory, and that it would taint their image... Not my sort of game anyways.

Still agree with Tylzen on Postal's record in gratuitous violence.
agreed with "Thrill Kill". I consider the MK series as violent(but not the most violent) but Thrill Kill just went off the scales.

Postal? well, ive played the game. I have to agree that Postal should be somewhere in its 1st place or second(or third if you insist). But i find postal just violent on what you can do, not what violence results. You can be very violent by bashing people using a shovel or throw rebounding scissors on people, but you can hardly see any gibs or any sort of human mutilation. The most common i just see in there is flying heads, burning bodies and a badly animated(and designed) corpse explosion or some sort. Therefore Postal doesnt get my vote. Plus, Postal really sucks in terms of story.

there's this one series of games...

you destroy everyone and everything. you obliterate animals and people alike. men, women, pets, children, even babies, all sacrificed in the name of a higher being.

first its the people and animals. then you tear apart everything about thier lives. thier livelyhood, homes, even cities. by time you really get going, you tear apart the entire planet, just for kicks. do you stop there? nope, you become an unstoppable destroyer as you begin to devour the very stars themselves. such death and destruction, all for amusement.

that is why the katamari damacy games are the most violent of all time.

Paradox said:
there's this one series of games...

you destroy everyone and everything. you obliterate animals and people alike. men, women, pets, children, even babies, all sacrificed in the name of a higher being.

first its the people and animals. then you tear apart everything about thier lives. thier livelyhood, homes, even cities. by time you really get going, you tear apart the entire planet, just for kicks. do you stop there? nope, you become an unstoppable destroyer as you begin to devour the very stars themselves. such death and destruction, all for amusement.

that is why the katamari damacy games are the most violent of all time.

But it's cutely violent, like a kitten killing a goldfish!

The most violent game has to be the game that Jack Thompson and all these similarly uninteresting people make up in their own heads to get attention.
That pretend game has to be like the Holocaust on crack.
(And I in no way mean to belittle the horrors of said event, but it would be blamed on video games if it could.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod