Mortal Kombat 2 VS Mortal Kombat 3

What do you think is better MK2 or MK3?

• MK2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MK3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked the 3rd one the most out of the first 3.. wasn't that the one that had like alot of different people you could select? not like 6 in the first one?

Hmmm minus secret characters I think the character selection went 7-12-16 for I, II, & III or something like that. I didn't really like the cyborgs they added in 3, and some other new characters started to get stale.

We had a free original Mortal Kombat game in our break room at Berkeley Systems for a year or so way back when. After you started to get good at it the character imbalances became painfully obvious, some had fatal flaws while others had unblockable attacks that could be used to dominate (I'm looking at YOU SubZero!). But Scorpion vs. Scorpion battles became epic, he was the only character we'd play after a while.

I think I'd have to go with 2 as the best of the series. It fixed a number of the balance issues while adding some features without loosing the feel of the original. Version 3 started diluting the formula, the simple, fast and brutal fighting that made the series stand out, to the extent that it did.

I remember picking up MK2 when it first came out and could not put it down. MK3 came out and it was allot more fast paced then MK2. The finishing moves were allot harder and were kinda over drawn. MK3's story line was wacked out too. I would have to say that MK2 had a better story better cast and was allot more enjoyable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle