Morgan Manjaw on the Tyra Banks show

Not once (once!) did that woman distraught over her man's game playing (with that vacuous look on her face) look at her man when he was talking. And she's whinging about her man not taking an interest in her! Why doesn't she play games with him? I bet she'd watch a movie with him, or listen to a CD; so why not play a game?

Tyra's ageist comment about him being 23, not 13, was real cute, too. Also, real great crowd to poll from: a crowd full of women. Stellar television, there!

MrHimashi said:
dude shes f****** hot get out of here with this garbage

Ah yes, and we all know that every whipped fool out there puts up with their hot woman's shit because she's hot. They don't get bored and depressed about their unreasonable and petty demands, they don't get pissed off about their woman's insistence that they should give up their hobbies, not at all!

As for the video, they were all bloody stupid there (except the guy, even though he was a dumbass for going on there and did a poor job of defending the billion dollar industry that is gaming). That guy looked completely emasculated at the end, I feel kind of sorry for him but what the hell did he think was going to happen in a room full of women being egged on by the she-bitch to end all? The thing that pissed me off most wasn't anything to do with gaming, it was Tyra's first words... not in her life, that's going back too far, I'm talking about what the show was about "how to decode your man". BOLLOCKS! Are women still buying into this bullshit that every man is some generic lump of meat that falls into one of a finite number of categories? The next most annoying thing was said by the woman sitting next to the poor sap "well basically Tyra my boyfriend is obsessed with video games and I just don't understand it". Firstly, the word obsessed; a bit harsh, no? What is obsessed anyway? The harpies in the room don't need any explanation meaning we don't get any either but I doubt his hobby has gotten to 'obsession' levels. Secondly, so because she doesn't understand it it's a bad thing? Well most guys on the planet don't understand shoes but most women seem to be 'obsessed' with them but, and I can only speak for myself here, I've never taken a girlfriend on to a TV show to complain about her 'obsession' with shoes!

The crack about his age ('not thirteen') was clever, bitchy and manipulative, but clever. Straight away it put him down, made him seem like a kid and made him that much easier to control right from the off, by likening him to a thirteen year old his opinion has been devalued and everyone in the room can just ignore the fact that the adult market for games is worth several millions year in, year out.

That Morgan woman was way off base too, so I'm one of three types? Well I've never cried at a game (even though I have been emotionally involved with some stories) and I'm not incredibly into fantasy games though there are notable exceptions (Oblivion), I'm not into sports games but I do love fast paced shooters but if I had to go with 'sports junkie', 'romantic' or 'adrenaline junkie' it'd have to be romantic out of those limited options.

Going back to the irritating 'decode' comment, it meant bugger all since all they did was establish that he'd cut down on his hobby, is that decoding? Hell no! It's just manipulating!

To quote the Scottish comedian with whom several of you are familiar:
"WE'RE NOT THE FUCKING SAME!! Women are lovely things, men are lovely things, leave them the fuck alone".

Sam

The key is finding someone who also enjoys gaming, or the very least enjoys watching you game. It happens.

I hate when people try to psycho analyze this - ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS PEOPLE I KNOW I CAN PWN @ any game!

It's a Hobby, I play Video Games, just like you shop for Shoes. I'm just as addicted to games as you are at finding a bargain. It's NOT that serious. He's been playing all his life - so i know he was playing when you met him.

WTF. makes me upset - and i would love to debate this!

Morgan made some good points, but trying to decide a guys Character by the Genre he likes to play.... cmon.... lets be serious.

Adrenaline Junkie.... The Hopeless Romantic... Graphics and Gameplay dont have anything to do with me LIKING A GAME!

anyone lese notice there were only women in this audience....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod