Metacrtic score conversions

Discussion in 'Support' started by axleblaze, Dec 4, 2008.

1. axleblaze

axleblaze Rookie

I have a question about the way Metacritic converts your scores. When you rate games are you goig by their scale or the actual grade scale. When I see a game got a C, I always think of that as a 71-75, because that's what it would be in school. This is usually pretty consistant with the review. For example, you gave Mirror's Edge a C, and from the review, 71-75 seemed like about what you were giving it, but according to Metacritic, a C is a 50 which is a downright lousy score in most contexts.
    I guess i'm just asking do you agree with Metacritics interpretation of the letter grades because they seem scaled a bit low to me?

2. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

3. dUKE

dUKE Rookie

my favorite is that metacritic and gamerankings both convert our grades differently, even though they are both owned by the same company.

4. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

This is why we can't trust them at all....or at the very least try to play the game on our own before anything else.

5. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

Doing that would remove the need for reviews completely. We need a better way of compiling review scores.

Sam