Meet the new Balthier

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
vjump.jpg

If Balthier were black.

The latest Final Fantasy XIII character revealed by Square Enix is named Sazh Kalzroy. He apparently loves pistols, chocobos, the color green, smirking, and 80's afros.

People are saying he's the first black party member since Barret, which is really cool, but I guess they're forgetting Kiros.

More pics through the link:

http://kotaku.com/5131154/new-final-fantasy-xiii-character-has-a-fabulous-afro

Whoa... that's a CGI pic eh?

I didn't even notice on first glance, pretty impressive. But yeah, I don't want no dang Will Smith in my Final Fantasy. But as long as there's some bad-ass tough guy and a gothic chick (Auron/Basch, Lulu/Fran) I'll be happy.

De-Ting said:
Something tells me I'm going to have a hard time believing this guy is black.

Definitely. Hopefully they get a good voice actor to portray him. Not Phil Lamar.

He does look terrible.
He's probably going to be the jive stereotypical talking party member. I shouldnt jump to conclusions but thats what i expect and in a way you all do too. like the one liners comment. bbbuuuuutttt

Everyone forgets about Kiros...
... I love kiros. bring him / someone like him in...

[Im not expecting much in the way of story out of FF13 but - gameplay can conquer all it its done right.]

BTW - Balthier is a God... no one can replace him.. or even emulate him - to attempt to do so is heresy... and to think someone else is close is blasphemy

I just said "the new Balthier" because he looks like he's going to be the ladies' man who spouts one-liners. His awesomeness likely won't come close to Balthier's.

I do love the pics of him and his baby chocobo chick, though. That's a cute and interesting character trait.

This has been said before, and I totally agree. The characters in FF12 were exact copies of the characters in FF10...

Tidus = Vaan
the girly main character

Rikku = Penelo
the bubbly cute girl

Wakka = Baltheir
the comic relief

Lulu = Fran
the dark, mysterious one

Yuna = Ashe
the girl of royalty which the story revolves around

Auron = Basch
the warrior with the backstory that sets up the game

So I know what Used means when he says he's the new "Baltheir". I realise all FF games have somewhat similar characters but I really felt FF12 and 10 had identical character traits.

My only question is why the Afro? That actually takes away from the character.

And if they pull a Barret on him.....ugh....

The afro is lame. Not gonna lie.

I can dig the coat and gloves but the afro just makes him look like undercover brotha.

I hope they don't have that awful gambit system from FF12. They were going in the right direction by removing random battles and having players attack in real time. But I found the only way to defeat a boss is to get creamed the first time and then set up the proper gambits before a battle begins, then just watch it. What fun is that?

Also they made grinding mandatory which I'm not the biggest fan of.

white-noise said:
The afro is lame. Not gonna lie.

I can dig the coat and gloves but the afro just makes him look like undercover brotha.

I hope they don't have that awful gambit system from FF12. They were going in the right direction by removing random battles and having players attack in real time. But I found the only way to defeat a boss is to get creamed the first time and then set up the proper gambits before a battle begins, then just watch it. What fun is that?

Also they made grinding mandatory which I'm not the biggest fan of.

Effective use of gambit reduces that ... I gained my last levels literally while sleeping. :p

Gambit for the win, when you wish to gain levels with little or no effort. ;) :p :D

yeah but where's the fun in that?

I like fighting my way to my destiation to level up, not forcing myself to stay in a certian area for hours on end.

white-noise said:
yeah but where's the fun in that?

I like fighting my way to my destiation to level up, not forcing myself to stay in a certian area for hours on end.

Look in the news section for more on the combat system. It's now a "you have five points to spend on actions, what will you do?" type of thing, with all the other characters acting as support for the main character.

I just hope his affinity to Chocobos is that he likes to eat them. Eat those stupid things into extinction, Moogles too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod