Medals

Discussion in 'Support' started by JCD, Nov 30, 2006.

1. JCD

JCD Rookie

So... that little box on the profile page. Y'know the one thats always empty and says medals? Just what are these medals?
    I'm thinking that they haven't yet been implemented into the site....

[​IMG]

2. masterchris

masterchris Rookie

I like the way you clicked on the "Games in my collection" link before you took that screenshot.

And you're right, it has yet to be implimented.

3. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

Yeah you're right, initially they (as in the GRandmasters I believe) decided to implement a medal system where people were awarded medals for certain things to make up for the lack of ranks as in the old board (and trust me, there was A LOT of commotion kicked up about no ranking system) but it's never been started up, I'm sure you've seen the post counts topic in the Misc board, well this is a year after the switch to beta and they've only just succumbed to the almost incessant whining of certain individuals so I doubt medals will be started very soon, the GRandmasters have more important things to worry about such as, you know, running the site.

Sam

4. JCD

JCD Rookie

Ah thanks for clearing that up... Any idea when the systems gonna be up and running?

:D Well Gamewatch isn't very interesting! :D

EDIT: Yeah, I agree with Haydi. Too difficult to find someones profile. Makes a stalkers job a lot more difficult.

5. Haydi

Haydi Rookie

I think you should get to 'member profile' by clicking someone's profile-button on the forums. Now it just takes you to that 'forum profile' which looks pretty useless compeared to the other one.

Only way now to get to that 'member profile' I found was to find the person in Community or by using the address bar which seemed a bit difficult...

6. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I would just like a shiny new medal, thats all!

7. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Boy, a shiny medal would go down very well right now.

Oh, and I see you accepted JCD. :wink:

8. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

My man Haydi's idea is very good. I would maaybe use the Community stuff more if it were more implemented into the forum, where I spend most of my time while on GR.

Maybe posts by your Commrades could have some sort of highlight or icon.. or posts by people who have similar games and interests listed in their Community profiles.

?

9. JCD

JCD Rookie

Of course I did! I'll accept any comrade requests. Everyone here is great.

And what used44 said is right. I think a lot more people would be more community active, if everything was connected.

10. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

All of the interesting or useful Grandmasters topics seem to fall by the wayside. *sigh*