McDonald's Tea Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
So, I've been working there for 5+ years and I still don't understand why we do the the below to tea. Perhaps you guys can answer this.

When we brew sweet tea, we first pour hot water in the bucket along with sugar. That makes sense, because we have to dissolve the sugar, so we're not wasting then. Then we brew the tea. Afterwards, we fill it up with ice to this line, so it doesn't overflow in our tea urn. Now with the regular tea, we do the same thing, but without adding sugar.

My question is: Why do we add hot water to our regular tea when the ice just waters it down? It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Because the hotter the water, the quicker it brews.

But McDonalds got in trouble for having TOO hot of water.

I would assume that, as Longo said, the ice is there for temperature control. In order to brew tea well, it should be near-boiling, which might be deemed unsafe to serve to customers. (It's not really true that it brews quicker with hotter water, depending on what type of tea you are making. Water that is too hot will be scalding and leave bitter flavours.)

Can I ask, do you use whole tea leaves, or is this a powder of some kind? If the former, when do you take them out?

Ugh, have you ever had someone order a McGang-bang? I'm serious, apparently idiot customers ask for the employees to make it even though it's not on the menu LOL.

I was hoping you could shed some light on this sandwich

When I worked at Carls Jr people would always come in drive through and ask for a big mac.

We had a "Big Carl" which was a double cheeseburger with lettuce and thousand island sauce.

They would then come through and ask for a "Hot Carl"

Dont google it.

Ugh. I heard about the McGangBang in high school, maybe 2005-6 or something like that. Gross, man. NO MORE DERAILING (lest I throw up).

20110302-tsa_tea10-1.jpg

Longo_2_guns said:
Because the hotter the water, the quicker it brews.

But McDonalds got in trouble for having TOO hot of water.
No, this is not the case. Our tea gets brewed (it's like a coffee machine, but for tea) and dispenses in the bucket. So, why put more hot water in the bucket, when the ice waters it down? That's all it's doing is watering it down, but the ice already does that
Sightless said:
Can I ask, do you use whole tea leaves, or is this a powder of some kind? If the former, when do you take them out?
It comes in a huge bag. I'm going to say powder, because if you cut it open, it looks like light colored coffee.
WickedLiquid said:
Ugh, have you ever had someone order a McGang-bang? I'm serious, apparently idiot customers ask for the employees to make it even though it's not on the menu LOL.

I was hoping you could shed some light on this sandwich
'
Never heard of it. Nobody never asked.

That's tea making?!

You've got it ALL wrong. You need to dabble in the bag with the ol' one-two dunkeroo. Then hop on over to the utensil tray and locate your finest spoon of teas. Be ready with spoon equipped in the right fistcuff, then after two ponies - whip out the bag and stir. Then last but not least, light your cigar and discus the economic crisis that occurred between the first and second world wars...it's a LARF!

PS - the finer the china, the better the tea. That's why peasants cant make good tea, you see?

UghRochester said:
It comes in a huge bag. I'm going to say powder, because if you cut it open, it looks like light colored coffee
If it's in a powdery or crystalline form when you start brewing it, then yes, it's entirely because it'll brew faster, and then the ice is added to control the temperature.

Honestly, it's basic chemistry. If you have hotter water, the particles are more in motion and therefore they dissolve what's added to it much, much faster. I assume it's, like, dehydrated tea that you just add water and sugar to, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod